Thread: User Defined for AEM E85

Advanced Tuner

User Defined for AEM E85

Previously in 2.24 I had a User Defined PID for my AEM WB to convert gas to E85. This allowed me to have one CFG file that I could read both Gas or E85 and have AFR ERR for both.

I am lost with setting up user defined PID's in 3.2. Is there a way to set math based on selected inputs like [AUX.xxxx] like in the older versions?

I have poked around but man do I feel like an old dog...

Set the WB up in lambda ("EQ ratio")

Once it is setup, right click on it and go to unit. You can select whatever stoich AFR you'd like it to base the displayed data off of. 9.0, 14.7, etc. The same "unit" option will be available in all charts/graphs when you begin using the wideband reading there. This only works if you originally set the WB up in terms of lambda/EQ ratio, so that is what I strongly recommend you do.

If the WB is setup in lambda and you're logging commanded EQ ratio, AFR/fuel no longer matters. 3.2 has built in EQ Ratio Error math parameters to calculate error and will work as long as you have a WB setup in lambda/EQ ratio and are also logging commanded EQ ratio.

What fuel you're using then does not matter.

This thread also walks through step by step how to setup an external input in V3+. It is very easy. Just add the input # to the channels list (MPVI.1 or .2, etc.), right click on it, hit transform. Either use one of the pre-defined formulas for your WB or start with the closest one in there and hit the "Copy to user defined" button, then adjust the formula as needed.

It's very easy once you're not thinking in 2.24 terms.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...PRO-Interface)
    Last edited by schpenxel; 08-04-2016 at 07:50 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    I don't mind Lambda either. So If I have this right, the attached should be my predefined AEM but outputting lambda? - I can't fire the truck to confirm as it is open headers and both little ones are sleeping.

I guess what was not working on my mind last night was the parameter part of it. Instead of using EQ ratio, I was looking to AFR Ethanol.

Now I guess I need to go look at the dual wide band thread again so I can get that back in play.

Thanks for the help!

Shaun
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Oh, now to figure out getting my injector duty cycle back. Any advice on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
    I don't mind Lambda either. So If I have this right, the attached should be my predefined AEM but outputting lambda? - I can't fire the truck to confirm as it is open headers and both little ones are sleeping.

I guess what was not working on my mind last night was the parameter part of it. Instead of using EQ ratio, I was looking to AFR Ethanol.

Now I guess I need to go look at the dual wide band thread again so I can get that back in play.

Thanks for the help!

Shaun
    No.

Use the pre-defined one under EQUIVALENCE ratio. There is an AEM one in there already that should work with that model. Do not set it up as AFR. Your current formula is for AFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
    Oh, now to figure out getting my injector duty cycle back. Any advice on this?
    Log injector PW and RPM by adding them to the channel list if they aren't already there

Then there is an injector duty cycle math parameter that is built in to HPT now that will display inj DC

In 3.2 you do not (and can't) add this PID to the channels list. You can use inj duty cycle in charts/graphs/gauges as long as you are logging engine RPM and inj PW

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Is this what you are referring too regarding AEM predefined Lambda? Doing a math check it looks right. I definitely need to climb out of my 2.24 shell now don't I

Thanks again for the help!

Shaun
    Attached Images Attached Images

You're making this difficult

All you have to do is double click on "AEM 30-4110" at the top of the screenshot and you're done with the WB setup

AEM.JPG

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock