Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weirdness in upper RPM range

Tuner

Another WOT log

Another run.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Get a different wideband and fix your air fuel - still for a split second will pick up a full point change swing going rich then back to right...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Use these for your injection timing - should also help...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    I'll order the AEM CAN-based WB. And I'll try that table you posted up. I'm very curious what results that will produce.

Thank you Greg.

Tuner
    I went out to get lunch, figured I would try it. I tend to disregard the first run of a tune. Here's the latest couple of logs.

I took a moment to scan for codes, not sure why... getting a code P0335 - crank position sensor. It doesn't throw a light itself, but the error sitting in there. The car idles fine though. Flushed the code, it came back. Should I replace the sensor? Is that what is causing me these issues?

Tuning Addict
    Either that or a wire - ECM detects no signal from sensor for 3 seconds (description)

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    I was able to observe where the wiring goes. It looks at though it is fine. It's not contacting anything that it shouldn't be (like the headers) nor is it pinched on anything. I'll have to check it with a meter tonight when I get home.

Advanced Tuner
    so looking back at your log in post 21...it doesn't drop out of PE, but your MV drops to the floor and your INJPW goes from 10 ms to 5 ms. something weird is happening there. it shouldn't be doing that. since o2s are taken out of the equation seeing as how your in PE and all I wonder what would drop your injector pw so low. although PE does have a blip of being off in your last log you posted.

what would be causing that?
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
    so looking back at your log in post 21...it doesn't drop out of PE, but your MV drops to the floor and your INJPW goes from 10 ms to 5 ms. something weird is happening there. it shouldn't be doing that. since o2s are taken out of the equation seeing as how your in PE and all I wonder what would drop your injector pw so low. although PE does have a blip of being off in your last log you posted.

what would be causing that?
    I didn't see any of that since the PE fixes in the last logs although the 02's are jumping around - another reason I thought a better wideband was in order

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I didn't see any of that since the PE fixes in the last logs although the 02's are jumping around - another reason I thought a better wideband was in order
    Have you ever come across a car that goes in and out of pe before. What could make that happen?
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
    Have you ever come across a car that goes in and out of pe before. What could make that happen?
    Usually it's PE settings like what was going on with Geo's... I've also seen this happen when "some" dtc's were killed, but not all needed to keep it from going into some sort of weird partial REP mode... Scaled tunes can have weird things like this too - where the etc scaler wasn't dialed back a little to compensate for the scaling - was causing throttle area "tp to activate PE" issues... Then map settings for VE that just caused them to go really lean, but stay in PE...

According to the last logs, the PE settings fixed the staying in PE issues - only now air fuel is unknown for sure - air fuel shows weird really rich one second to lean OK next second issues while the O2's show leanish to rich at different times - I'm "thinking" it's just got a really rich area that the wideband possibly isn't picking up causing the slower increase in the higher rpm areas - this can even cause misfiring problems... I could be completely wrong here, but would like this fixed before continuing or trying anything else... I've just seen "overly" rich areas in high rpms cause problems too many times due to less than adequate widebands being originally used to tune the vehicles - richer doesn't always = safer or better Some richer = better than leaner and OK, but not really rich sudden swings...

Timing being less than adequate can cause "perceived" lean stumbles where you'll add fuel thinking it's lean when in actuality the fuel was fine and it was just a misfire from too retarded of ignition timing - don't think this is what's going on up top, but it is possible since the timing appears to be 10ish shy of what it should be?

Don't know - just some thoughts at the moment

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    We get our quarterly bonus tonight, and a AEM WB coming from that. I will say I'm learning a lot from this car. Kinda hate overlap. I have an LS9 cam waiting in a box at home, although I really, really want this to work. I'm hoping I switch out the WB, see what's actually going on (as I have lost all faith in the Innovate), correct fueling, and correct timing. I might even go so far as replacing the spark plugs. They only have 7K on them, but I'm not sure how I feel about them. Factory plugs gapped at 0.34" I believe. Also, a fresh pair of upstream NBO2s, because these have mileage on them.