Thread: 5.3L Swapped Colorado Tuning

Tuner in Training

5.3L Swapped Colorado Tuning

Well, I was hoping to tune my truck by utilizing the amazing search button. A few weeks have passed and I am still stuck trying to setup my injectors. I don't really like asking for help but I have zero HP tuners experience.

A little background on the project.
    Truck - 2008 reg cab colorado 3.7L/4l60E
    Donor motor - 2005 Tahoe w/L59 Flex fuel
    I converted the motor from 24X to 58X to utilize the E67/T42 already in the 2008 Colorado
    While crank was out, I swapped in some flat top/4.8L pistons. Basically built an iron version of the L33 with a NNBS intake setup
    Installed isky triple 12 cam and supporting mods
    I used a 2008 Hummer H3 5.3L stock tune to initially fire up the truck.
    I used the flex fuel injectors (12580426) from the 2005 tahoe which utilized a returnless system.
    The colorado's fuel system is returnless as well
    The truck drives ok.

My issue:
    I can't verify data on the flex fuel injectors I am using.
    I pulled tune from 2005 FF tahoe and attempted to compare and input injector data into H3 tune
    I see that axis and units are different

Is this a simple conversion utilizing the injector excel calculator?

This is what I came up with for the IFR but would like to confirm its accuracy. Does this look right? I'm not even certain if the flex fuel injector is in fact a 38lb.

As for offsets and PW, I have no idea where to start
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hawaiian_Built; 09-04-2016 at 12:46 AM.
    Isley

2008 Colorado RCSB 5.3L Swap
    4.8 Flat tops, SS2, 3200 stall
    78/75 On3
    Knock, Knock

Tuner in Training
    Well, I was hoping that someone would shine some light on this issue but either way, I give up on trying to tune with this injector. I though I was getting close but I keep going super lean on decel even with DFCO disabled. I guess I'll just look for the stock injectors that the tune calls for.
    Last edited by Hawaiian_Built; 09-04-2016 at 12:47 AM.
    Isley

2008 Colorado RCSB 5.3L Swap
    4.8 Flat tops, SS2, 3200 stall
    78/75 On3
    Knock, Knock

ifr.JPG

If you put the value from 0 VAC in the tahoe tune into the 400 cell in the H3 tune, and the value from 80 VAC into the 480 cell (pressure delta increases with manifold vacuum) and interpolate between those values you come up with this. I have done it in the past and it worked great. You probably should interpolate each direction from there to get usable numbers in every cell.
    1999 s10 blazer trailblazer edition nv3500 swap
    2006 GMC ccsb 4x4 duramax/allison