Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: SHO / EcoBoost HPT Tuning Guides

Tuner in Training
    Noisemaker for those who dont know:
    Noise.jpg

That weak clip - holding the noise part in place - comes loose - was causing complaints from drivers that a vacuum leak appears.

For the intercooler - are you referring to the MISHIMOTO UNIVERSAL RACE EDITION INTERCOOLER J-LINE?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I did not like how Ford kept the trans in 5th gear at under 45-47 mph but those are just personal preferences.

The shift points are easier to manage on the SHO's 6F55 tuning, you really don't need to wind out that motor and stock turbos. I kept mine around 6100 RPM max in the earlier gears. I experimented with the 2-3 and 3-4 at the track to find one that worked better.

I see there might be an aftermarket intercooler option for the SHO which I'd recommend. That being said, the stock intercooler on the SHO seems to be more effective than the stock one on my Fusion Sport.
    Noise maker for those that don't know what it is - I didnt for a while.
    Noise.jpg

Is this the intercooler you speak of? MISHIMOTO UNIVERSAL RACE EDITION INTERCOOLER J-LINE

Like I said I never had an issue with the noisemaker/Helmholtz resonator. I did have the throttle body cover pop off due to boost and it is a common problem unless you have the revised TB motor.

Whichever aftermarket intercooler is advertised for the SHO. When I had the SHO there weren't any options so I made do with the stock intercooler.

Again you're not running over 18 psi boost on the stock Garretts. If you are, you're doing it wrong.

Tuner in Training
    I read through the guide, and several posts and threads. Here is whats up, i have 2012 SHO and I have not read it out yet. Before I go ahead and start tuning this car I am trying to wrap my head around the logic in the PCM even at a high level.

So what I get as just a general flow:
    Driver depresses accelerator and the Accelerator position is used to determine a desired torque from desired torque table.
    The PCM then Converts the Desired torque into a desired airflow (Unsure where this happens, possibly in the torque model torque calculation tables)
    At some point the desired airflow results in a Desired Throttle inlet pressure and throttle angle (also unsure where this happens)
    The desired throttle inlet pressure and engine RPM are used to look up a WGDC.

I definitely feel like there's some key tables I would like to see not visible to me.

The 2010-2012 SHO strategy is different from the 2013-2019 SHO. I wouldn't be surprised if HP Tuners didn't define a lot of parameters based on what I have heard from other owners. They've pretty much put a lot of these vehicles to the wayside for parameters as they focus on the higher priority projects. I have been waiting on some stuff for my 2018 Explorer to be defined and gave up hope. I sold the vehicle so my care factor is zero at this point.

Potential Tuner
    Is there a difference in the stock file of the Ford Explorer ST 2020 within the same model, especially in the Trans? I have two files, one of which is different from the other, mine has a date 11/19, which is correct???!!!!please help me

StockFile - 2020 Explorer ST.hpt
    2020 Ford Explorer ST Stock - 20210930, SRBM4BA.hpt
    Last edited by Alirayshan; 03-10-2023 at 11:24 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Metroplex I know you sold your vehicle a while back but I appreciate the work you put in and shared with us!

Oh yeah! You have greatly benefited a LOT of us!

Tuner
    Thank you for the great info @metroplex !
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4