Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SHO / EcoBoost HPT Tuning Guides

Tuner in Training
    You are pretty close on the stock boost levels if I remember correctly. I need to get the truck back on the dyno for some polishing. The owner of the truck as been trying to shoot holes in the rest of the calibration while i finish up the 13+ SHO tuning.

I guess at this point it is finding the balance between boost and spark advance... Each #/min is about 9.46 hp based on Garrett's estimation, and each degree of timing advance is about 4 hp max. I'd like to hear what you find with the 13-up SHO final tuning. Right now, my 18 psi tune is at about 10-11.5* of advance without knock retard using 93 pump gas. I'm not seeing more airflow at higher boost levels, but I figure I can increase timing by lowering boost a little (maybe 16-17 psi). Since you have access to a dyno, I'd love to learn what you've found with testing.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I guess at this point it is finding the balance between boost and spark advance... Each #/min is about 9.46 hp based on Garrett's estimation, and each degree of timing advance is about 4 hp max. I'd like to hear what you find with the 13-up SHO final tuning. Right now, my 18 psi tune is at about 10-11.5* of advance without knock retard using 93 pump gas. I'm not seeing more airflow at higher boost levels, but I figure I can increase timing by lowering boost a little (maybe 16-17 psi). Since you have access to a dyno, I'd love to learn what you've found with testing.
    Soon.. the plan is to dyno tune only, then with downpipes, then turbos. I'm discouraged with the amount of fuel being removed after 5000 rpms via the short term fuel trims. (I've corrected this now). But when I add 2 psi psi of boost and it pulls another 2 percent or so of fuel tells me that we are at the point of diminishing returns in the 15-16 psi range at that rpm. It is either a turbo sizing issue or the naturally aspirated VE of the engine starts to go away at 5000 rpms.

What are the STFTs supposed to look like? 0%? How are you correcting the STFTs?

Tuner in Training
    What are the STFTs supposed to look like? 0%? How are you correcting the STFTs?
    Just using them as a comparison but
    I use the individual cylinder multiplier to correct across all cylinders.

Are you using the Fuel Imbalance Monitor tables?

Potential Tuner
    Hello all, would anyone have a stock tuning file for a 2011 F150 3.5 ecoboost , we have a customers truck at our shop that has been donkey tuned and flashed by a bad tuning shop, they installed different waste gates, water methanol kit, greddy profec boost control if that’s not bad enough they have flashed it with a number of different canned tuning box's that apparently were stolen out of the truck.

This truck runs really strange even with the aftermarket hardware disconnected and stock waste gates back in place. This truck makes 7 psi boost just driving down the road at very light load. I assume that’s not normal. Anyway if anyone has a stock read that would be great. Thanks very much. Reg

The repository has a few a F150's you could use as a baseline. Check my guide to get you started as the Pre 15 calibrations should be similar

Tuner in Training
    If you still need one I have one bud

thanks for the write up

Just a FYI

Table 50233 (Knock Retard Limit) for my 2014 SHO is messed up. If I make any change to this table and flash the ECU, it will cause an error with the ECU during startup. The left MFD will show every error in the book (service advancetrac, engine oil, etc...) and the car won't start. This was the root cause of my write error issue last time around, I had suspected it was this table but I wasn't sure due to the circumstances at the time. But today I made changes to this table and confirmed it was this table that caused problems.

I've seen other EcoBoost tune files with changes made to 50233, so it may be fine for those OS/strategy/calibrations but definitely not my 2014 SHO.

I've ran into this with my explorer. It wasnt this table specifically but I have had a no-start after flash a few times. Maybe we should try to make and maintain a thread that tries to list all the tables in the different strategies that cause a no-start?
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

I contacted Eric and sent him the file, and identified the table - he got it fixed. I recommend that if you find such a table, please notify HPTuners so no one else runs into this situation.

I'll see if I have time to update my guide with some new changes. I was able to run 12.6 at the dragstrip with just the tune, and this was a poorly prepped track at nearly 800' ASL. If I were to run this at a better prepped or NHRA sanctioned track at sea level, or Cecil County Dragway (notorious for fast timeslips) or Englishtown, I'd probably shave off another 0.25 seconds from the 1/4 ET.

I contacted Eric and sent him the file, and identified the table - he got it fixed. I recommend that if you find such a table, please notify HPTuners so no one else runs into this situation.

I'll see if I have time to update my guide with some new changes. I was able to run 12.6 at the dragstrip with just the tune, and this was a poorly prepped track at nearly 800' ASL. If I were to run this at a better prepped or NHRA sanctioned track at sea level, or Cecil County Dragway (notorious for fast timeslips) or Englishtown, I'd probably shave off another 0.25 seconds from the 1/4 ET.
    Gotchya, I wasn't sure if that would qualify as an issue with HPTuners. I'll make note of it fore sure when I figure out that table caused it.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Just FYI - I did more experimentation and maybe it is just my SHO, but if I command a WOT Lambda of anything below 0.85, I will run into the Insufficient Fuel Flow error, which also kicks in the Tq Red < Driver Demand limit. When I set it back to a lambda of 0.85, everything is golden. And when I ran a lambda of 0.80, I had more knock retard than I had with a lambda of 0.85

The cat temp protection lambda will kick in if you set it richer than your commanded WOT lambda.

maybe you have to raise the "max inj.Angle" and Max Duty Cycle.

It's already raised to 270 and 1.00 respectively, fuel pressure would drop below 1500 psi

set it to 340? and 1.1 DC

I figured that would burn out the injectors or wear them out too much.

I did it more than one time on a 2.3 ECO