Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: SHO / EcoBoost HPT Tuning Guides

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for the info I’ll give it a try. Yea I had a rental 18 for a few days and I did like the responsiveness of it compared to this

Advanced Tuner
    How exactly would I try to set it up to mimic the sport pedal in the driver demand engine torque tab

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone have a good recommendation for a 3.5 ecoboost a minimum and wot lambda ? I’ve read hey seem to line .82-.89 just wondering.

Advanced Tuner
    I mean like how do you figure out the scaled % of that tab from the 15 and up?

Tuner
    I’d start with graphing the changed pedal map ratio they use so you can get an idea how it compares to the a/d counts yours uses, then multiply the driver demand table by those values to try to mimic it.

For the transmission tuning it might make more sense to look at it in mph, the tables I shared on that truck work out that dividing the oss in the table by 40 will give you mph. Compare the changes between the base and sport tables there and then try to apply similar to your base tables (or you could do it to the tow tables so you could compare).

Advanced Tuner
    ill see if I can figure out how to do that, definitely a lot more confusing then dealing with a coyote vehicle lol

Pops and bangs Focus ST 2014

Hi ,how yo make a Pops on Focus ST 2.0 EcoBoost?

Potential Tuner
    Can you email the guide to me? For some reason I cannot open the pdf from the thread.
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Anyone have the Metroplex guide files? I need it please

I'll see if I can repost them. They need to be updated for 2015-up and I was working on one for the 2.7 EB

Potential Tuner
    This is my f150 tune file, I feel a little better but I have poor fuel consumption
    Final+Trans.hpt

It seems the guides I attached in the first post of this thread are still active. Did you try downloading them? Note that if you don't have a SHO, they are really directly applicable to pre-15 F-series. The theory still applies for any EcoBoost, but the parameters will be different.

Potential Tuner
    I can already see the files, the website was configured as a mobile

thank you very much friend

Quote Originally Posted by d7mas View Post
    Hi Mr metroplex.. I saw you work here it is so wonderful after all these years i think you have a good experience in eco boost engines so i want to ask you this since i baught a 2010 taurus sho and i have a good experience with hp tuners on gm cars. But fords eco boost are so harder in teerms of alot of sefty/Limits.
    In the easiest terms, the biggest difference in the EcoBoost (regardless of whether 2010-2012, or 2013-2016, 2017-up) strategy is that you are requesting more torque and increasing some of the torque limiters and boost limiters to get more boost/power. EcoBoost is speed density, so there's no MAF transfer function.

For WOT fueling, you are basically in closed loop all the time because it has wideband O2 sensors that can read the wide spectrum of AFR's and not narrow-band that is set for basically stoich. It's been this way for even GM engines that use wideband O2s like the LNF in my 2009 Cobalt SS Turbo. It's actually very cool because it can essentially adjust for a wide variety of fuel types. If you change the VE model (bigger turbos, bigger heads, etc...) it requires actual dyno tuning from what I gather. All I have been working with has been basically tune-only setups, trying to squeeze out as much as possible with what came on the car.

A lot of tuners tweak the Torque/Inverse Torque tables, WGDC tables, etc... to try and keep the throttle plate open. But the throttle plate is part of the feedback control system that controls boost, so don't think of the throttle plate as the problem.

I'd have to see your logs and look back at mine, I don't recall mine staying near 1.00 lambda for that long of a time. You may need to adjust your actual WOT parameters so that the ECU sees you are commanding "WOT" to switch to the WOT lambda tables. I think stock is 90% throttle position or something, and I usually lower it to 60%-70%.

Hopefully they opened up all the parameters on 2010-2012 SHOs, last I checked they were unable to do it or didn't have the time. My guide is directly applicable to 2013-2014 SHOs, and I never looked at 2015-2019 but they should be similar.
    Last edited by metroplex; 12-17-2019 at 03:14 AM.

The SHO had a built in oil separator attached to the valve cover where the PCV sits. When I ran a catchcan all it caught was fuel vapor that would have burned up anyhow.

Like I said before even my 09 Cobalt SS ran closed loop at WOT and it is because it runs wideband O2 sensors so it adjusts all the time. GM liked to switch back and forth though like the LTG 2.0 on the Malibu went narrowband for 14 to 15 and then went back to wideband on 16 up like in the Camaro. So when my girlfriend ran a bit of E85 in her 15 Malibu 2.0 it set off a MIL for lean but I can run almost E50 on Cobalt or Fusion Sport without MIL.

Quote Originally Posted by d7mas View Post
    Yeah my question is.. Is the Ecu effecting my wot limbda sittings in wot?

Or only displays the afr with no adjustments?

Cus this drives me crazy ��
    EcoBoost runs wideband O2 sensors so there's no "open loop" and the ECU can read actual lambda. When you say "old" GM, I just wanted to mention that GM used this system as far back as 2006 on the LNF and possibly other engines with factory widebands.

I looked at a 2019 Explorer Sport stock read and it looks like Ford didn't do anything with the OS/strategy for the Explorer/Taurus after all these years, so this guide should get you going with any of the 13-up SHO/Explorer Sports.

I am new to tuning. I am not new to auto and diesel tech. Just dont know how to tune it. Will you email me a copy of your guide @[email protected]. I don't seem to be able to download for some reason. Maybe too new. Lol.

Go to the top and at the bottom of the first post page 1 you,ll see the PDF link down load.

Potential Tuner
    The link on the first page is not working