Quote Originally Posted by c4performance View Post
    Thank you I may have to try it on a pc
    That worked

If its not working for anyone try using a pc i

Potential Tuner
    These guides as up to date to include 2019+? I have a 2019 Ford Edge ST

Quote Originally Posted by TTSteve View Post
    These guides as up to date to include 2019+? I have a 2019 Ford Edge ST
    No it isn't. The 2019 Edge ST is similar to my 2017 Fusion Sport tuning-wise. I was in the process of updating/creating a guide for the Fusion Sport but never got around to it. The current guide based on my 2014 SHO should work fine for most 12-14 EcoBoost applications. Ford changed things in 2015-2016 and then again with the split PDFI (port and direct injection) in 2017 and with the 10R60/10R80 transmissions.

But the overall concept from this guide should work for your 2019 Edge ST as a primer. But if you talk to 5 different tuners they will give you 5 different ways of tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Anyone have a copy of the file on the first page. I want to try and learn and possibly tune my 17 F150. I know some things are different but I understand it will be a good start. It just says attached files but doesn?t show anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tquinlan View Post
    Anyone have a copy of the file on the first page. I want to try and learn and possibly tune my 17 F150. I know some things are different but I understand it will be a good start. It just says attached files but doesn?t show anything.
    Works fine for me. I am not sure but based on the number of new users (very low post counts) saying they can't load the file, I am thinking that it might be something set by HPTuners.

Your 17 F-150 will not be the same as what I wrote in the guide, which will work primarily for 13-19 Taurus/Explorer and pre-15 F-150. I was working on a guide for my 2017 Fusion Sport which would be more applicable to 15-16 F-150. The 17-up F-150 adds split injection and the 10-speed automatic which will be quite different. However, the underlying concept is the same: raise torque demand, raise/adjust torque/boost limiters as needed. Some tuners choose to play with the torque model tables or the speed density tables.

the link doesn't work using my laptop....

how much RWHP are you guys seeing stock vs tuned..... ?

thanks for feedback

JP

Potential Tuner
    Unfortunately, I can?t see it either. Any good guides for the ?17+ F150 yet?

The links still work for me on the computer.

Potential Tuner
    Gotta get your post counts up to see them. New members won't be able to see them.

Potential Tuner
    That seems kind of strange, trying to learn how to tune but can't download a file that would be very useful in learning now to tune until I post a bunch of comments that I know nothing about!......

Potential Tuner
    So here is post number 2... Only X more to go!!!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dm63031 View Post
    So here is post number 2... Only X more to go!!!
    send me an email to [email protected] and I'll send you the document

Tuner in Training
    @metroplex - I wish to say thanks - for the past several years even before COVID my 2014 PP SHO sat in a garage w/26K mileage. I have read your guides - and purchasing an HP tuner.

Many years back - I purchased from the standalone company Diablo, a tuner - ran a "Dyno" tune they provided for 93 Octane - with a couple of data logging sessions for shifting issues - and a couple of updates - one required one of their techs here in FL to flash my stock file - since it failed during update and bricked my onboard comp. Ultimately - I had many very hard shifting issues - flashed to stock - threw the tuner on a shelf - and months later had transmission issues. Suffice to say - Ford sent a crated transmission to replace my under warranty one, back then.

So I have started to revisit my car and have the following.

I have the Reische 4D 170F thermostat, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ford Performance GT Plugs, Accel Coil packs, Replaced Fuel Pump Relay - (Preventative and have an original spare in trunk) PPE Downpipes (Installing shortly) and a Noise Maker Delete (Installing Shortly).

Any suggested changes since your original postings you would reconsider with your tune? Especially around transmissions, especially since Ford made two more revisions starting in 2015.
    Last edited by kryptto; 01-13-2023 at 09:28 AM.

I have the Reische 4D 170F thermostat, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ford Performance GT Plugs, Accel Coil packs, Replaced Fuel Pump Relay - (Preventative and have an original spare in trunk) PPE Downpipes (Installing shortly) and a Noise Maker Delete (Installing Shortly)
    I'd recommend against the K&N hot air intake, the Accel Coil Packs, and the Noise Maker delete. They don't really add to performance. I'm not a fan of deleting the cats for many reasons, one of which is the smell of the exhaust. The thermostat doesn't require any programming changes, only if you want the fan to come on sooner. Otherwise the radiator and cooling system will keep it cooler than stock as long as your vehicle is moving.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I'd recommend against the K&N hot air intake, the Accel Coil Packs, and the Noise Maker delete. They don't really add to performance. I'm not a fan of deleting the cats for many reasons, one of which is the smell of the exhaust. The thermostat doesn't require any programming changes, only if you want the fan to come on sooner. Otherwise the radiator and cooling system will keep it cooler than stock as long as your vehicle is moving.
    I was told - once again everyone has an opinion - that the "noise maker" will/can become a problem for the higher pressure and leaks develop. So no performance - I am replacing awaiting the 3 bar Motorcraft MAP sensor I accidentally forgot.

In South Florida - cant run cool enough - so will be adjusting fans. Any suggestion for the temperature to kick in/off?

Thanks again for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by kryptto View Post
    I was told - once again everyone has an opinion - that the "noise maker" will/can become a problem for the higher pressure and leaks develop. So no performance - I am replacing awaiting the 3 bar Motorcraft MAP sensor I accidentally forgot.

In South Florida - cant run cool enough - so will be adjusting fans. Any suggestion for the temperature to kick in/off?

Thanks again for your input!
    Stock garrets don't need much more boost to max out. You'll be fine with the noise maker. MKS doesn't have one if you wanted to do a clean swap. If you're over 18 psi you're doing it wrong!

How hot is it running in Florida? Just lower fan settings by like 20 degrees. With the 170 Reische mine is about 183F all the time and maybe 190F in the summer. You really want the ECT at about 200F to burn off the moisture and byproducts in the engine oil.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Stock garrets don't need much more boost to max out. You'll be fine with the noise maker. MKS doesn't have one if you wanted to do a clean swap. If you're over 18 psi you're doing it wrong!

How hot is it running in Florida? Just lower fan settings by like 20 degrees. With the 170 Reische mine is about 183F all the time and maybe 190F in the summer. You really want the ECT at about 200F to burn off the moisture and byproducts in the engine oil.
    Not running any tunes yet - waiting on my HP - I am guessing that here in South Fla. the heat will be a factor. Thank you for the info about temperatures to safely run at - this will be in mind so I don't mess things up for myself. The MKS suggestion is very much appreciated, will grab one. I have heard many say - the noise maker is useless.

I was reading the guide you created I will follow: "I used Reische?s SCT X-Cal recommended fan settings as a baseline for the above settings."

Back to some of my biggest concerns, transmission shifting. Your guides include the settings for the transmission. I will remove my Pedal Commander - then sell on eBay - another item I forgot to mention I have. Was worried after my first failed transmission and not so great experiences with Diablo tuner.

Thanks!

I felt the noisemaker made it sound a bit better. It's not on the MKS because the target demographic don't want the extra sound. Either way I don't feel it is mandatory but I wouldn't go out of my way to delete it unless you have issues. I had more of a problem with the throttle body motor cap popping off from the extra boost. Ford went to a revised TB on a lot of their EcoBoost applications that no longer used it. 2015 may have been when they started, but if you see a plastic cap on the side of the TB just be aware it may pop off. I ended up using a silicone boot and hose clamp to at least keep it sealed.

After much experimentation, I ended up basically keeping all of the stock settings on the 6F55 on my Fusion Sport with the exception of the Normal shift schedule and the torque management. I had always kept the torque management enabled but I set them to 400 ft-lb this time around and never felt anything odd. I did not like how Ford kept the trans in 5th gear at under 45-47 mph but those are just personal preferences.

The shift points are easier to manage on the SHO's 6F55 tuning, you really don't need to wind out that motor and stock turbos. I kept mine around 6100 RPM max in the earlier gears. I experimented with the 2-3 and 3-4 at the track to find one that worked better.

I see there might be an aftermarket intercooler option for the SHO which I'd recommend. That being said, the stock intercooler on the SHO seems to be more effective than the stock one on my Fusion Sport.