Thread: we can now log BA pcm in a new vcm suite update

Advanced Tuner

we can now log BA pcm in a new vcm suite update

i posted this in the scanner thread but now sure how many people will see it in there...
    ot sure if im meant to post this but i'm sure a lot of people will benefit from this - apologies if this is not how you want to approach this hp.

after emailing hp support back and forth for a few weeks they were finally able to fix logging for ba, including what looks like as close to as many as supported in bf considering they're different pcm. i believe the issue may have something to do with the fact the scanner didnt ask for a vin for BA pcm in 2.25+, at least after mentioning that they were able to sort something.

they put the fix in the 3.3 beta and apparently wont include it in the main update file until 3.4 which is obviously not going to be any time soon.
    when asked if i was able to give the file to a couple friends to use they asked for anyone with this issue (which is obviously everyone lol) to email support for access to the 3.3 beta.

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome, this will be a big win as there hasn't been a tool available to date where we can datalog wideband and DMR's.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah i tried to get some people posting about the fact ba doesnt work in 3.2 for anyone in the hopes hp would understand it wasnt a computer or pcm specific issue but it got sorted in the end!

Tuner
    I used this tonight on an early 2003 BA Xrt and yep it picked up majority of the BF/FG loggable parameters even though I havnt updated my software for a week or so

misk, this was already fixed long ago for most BA pcm's. I believe it was just a few oddball BA PCM's that had the issue, which is why you were the only one to open up a ticket with us.

There still may be other BA PCM's that also have the issue even with the new fix. They'll need to contact support so we can add a special case for their PCM's as well.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    i tried several pcm that would have been very common, hardly oddball and when support had been talking to me about it told me several times that 3.2 should have been fine. if it was a normal fix why did it have to be added to a beta?

3.2 was fine for the majority of BA PCM's, which is why supported suggested that.

We only add definition support and critical software fixes to the stable release.

Advanced Tuner
    that still doesnt make any sense. why would there need to be a separate beta release just for some ba pcm to have logging if all the others worked?
    why would it not be added to the main update?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    misk, this was already fixed long ago for most BA pcm's. I believe it was just a few oddball BA PCM's that had the issue, which is why you were the only one to open up a ticket with us.

There still may be other BA PCM's that also have the issue even with the new fix. They'll need to contact support so we can add a special case for their PCM's as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    3.2 was fine for the majority of BA PCM's, which is why supported suggested that.

We only add definition support and critical software fixes to the stable release.
    Im yet to come across a BA that does work correctly and I've all but given up raising requests as they either A: never seem to get actioned or B: are met with a sarcastic resposne from Bill.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

3.0 and subsequent updates didn't work with both my BA pcms. HAAN9AW strategy still dosn't work with 3.3beta but HAAN9AY does and works fantastic with so many loggable peramiters.

Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    that still doesnt make any sense. why would there need to be a separate beta release just for some ba pcm to have logging if all the others worked?
    why would it not be added to the main update?
    Because it's a code change, not a definition change.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_will View Post
    3.0 and subsequent updates didn't work with both my BA pcms. HAAN9AW strategy still dosn't work with 3.3beta but HAAN9AY does and works fantastic with so many loggable peramiters.
    Please contact support with your debug.dat and we can add support for your vehicle as well.

Advanced Tuner
    kinda seems like it shouldn't have taken 3 weeks of emailing back and forth to sort if thats the case, but regardless, happy its done. thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I gave 3.2 a shot last night and while there was a good list or parameters to log, there were a number that were missing. It wasn't the full suite compared to an FG for example. It connected, logged and was easy to use (and make histograms) which is a great.

what load are you using to make the histograms.
    iam having trouble finding a load axis that match hpt
    rpm axis
    engine load axis
    log spark etc
    thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I used Air Load (hi res) but the usual Air Load also worked and gave the same result. I can't remember what byte that was though.

Has anyone tested the 4 byte MAP with a 3bar t-MAP to see if it goes above 250kpa?

thanks bud
    that what i used last night work spot on.
    are we able to messaure waste gate duty i have tryed but no win