Thread: 2012 Jeep Wrangler with Ripp Supercharger

Tuner in Training

2012 Jeep Wrangler with Ripp Supercharger

I have a Jeep that had the Ripp tune in it, but it would hit the rev limit before it would shift. I pulled the tune with HP Tuners and was able to read it. I made a few adjustments for the transmission and dialed in the tune better. Customer was very happy with the tune, but now he turns the A/C on and it feels like it really lacks power. I did a datalog on the Jeep and found the throttle to be closing when the compressor would turn on. It does this in a very cyclical fashion. Turn the A/C off and it's fine. Is there some A/C table that I have missing in the software? Is there some adder table that I'm overlooking. You can see in the datalog that the throttle and load change, but my APP is rock solid, only with the A/C on. Right around the 9 minute mark you can see it happening. 2012 jeep wrangler todd wiedmeyer ripp supercharger mod6.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I emailed support and they said there wasn't a table missing. What am I missing in the tune?

Senior Tuner
    Can you post up your stock tune? Might have a few ideas.

0 out your WOT DELAY RPM Max and seconds and decrease your Pedal WOT to 2.8.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    0 out your WOT DELAY RPM Max and seconds and decrease your Pedal WOT to 2.8.
    Think he is noting the powerloss under regular driving/cruising, not WOT. But agree with your recommendations regardless.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BW1980 View Post
    I have a Jeep that had the Ripp tune in it, but it would hit the rev limit before it would shift. I pulled the tune with HP Tuners and was able to read it. I made a few adjustments for the transmission and dialed in the tune better. Customer was very happy with the tune, but now he turns the A/C on and it feels like it really lacks power. I did a datalog on the Jeep and found the throttle to be closing when the compressor would turn on. It does this in a very cyclical fashion. Turn the A/C off and it's fine. Is there some A/C table that I have missing in the software? Is there some adder table that I'm overlooking. You can see in the datalog that the throttle and load change, but my APP is rock solid, only with the A/C on. Right around the 9 minute mark you can see it happening. 2012 jeep wrangler todd wiedmeyer ripp supercharger mod6.hpt
    Hey there BW1980, I have the same problem. Do you have an updated hpt file to share that is dialed in? Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Put your tq adapts back to stock.