Thread: LS7 in 56 Belair- P2135 and other issues

Potential Tuner

LS7 in 56 Belair- P2135 and other issues

Hello, Ive been servicing this 56 Belair show car with a Ls7 at my work for the last few years. Just wondering if a tune can fix several of the issues Ive been having. It has less than 2000km since being built, was never intended for street driving but the current owner insists on it.

Issue1) P2135 TPS 1-2 Correlation, it sets this code very intermittently maybe once a year, the throttle body has been replaced. The customer just wants it to not limp in when that happens, is there anyway to prevent that from the tune. Im going to try and service the terminal pins with die electric grease but Im running out of options.

Issue2) P0300 random miss, now it wont let me do a crankshaft relearn to solve this because I have P0645 AC clutch relay and P0622 Alternator Field all the time because it has aftermarket AC and a one wire alternator. Im wondering can I prevent those codes from setting in the tune so I can perform the relearn.

Issue3) This one is dumb, the guys that built the car made a custom cold air pipe that is all hand painted to match the engine bay. The dumb thing is they didnt use a silicone hose coupling for the tube to tbody so your going to get false air coming in there. They have these stainless Allen screws that bolt it to the Tbody. Long story Short it sets P0171 and P0174 lean codes. Other than fixing the cold air the only thing I could see is making it run speed density and not looking at the MAF, not sure if that a good idea or not.

The car doesnt have a visable check engine light so Its not like he complains about the codes, the P2135 is what he is feeling so Id like to know if I can tune that out. Thanks for the input.

Tuning Addict
    You can set codes to no error, but depending on the ecm, it may still set the codes - this will happen with all the after market programmers although I haven't personally had one set after being killed on these... I would be willing to bet you just need to run all new wires to the TB using a good grade of txl wiring and solder the wires to the terminals - all it takes is one poor crimp to set a correlation code...

I would also be willing to bet the motor was never tuned after being installed in the car - see that a lot... Sounds like all the fueling tables need to be dialed in... In my honest opinion - I believe HPT is the best tuner out there for tuning GM platforms... I think you'll be happy with it
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC