Thread: Huge thanks to Keith for helping with Firmware update error

Advanced Tuner

Thumbs up Huge thanks to Keith for helping with Firmware update error

Yesterday I installed the new software update. I had a guy coming over to my house to do some basic tuning on his 1999 Camaro SS M6 around 6:30-7pm.

I fire up the laptop, plug cables in and try to download the file. I got the message box that I need to update my firmware for my MPVI. So I did exactly like it said and after I hit begin, I got a error box that can't find the interface.

I tried it again and then I got a write timeout error. Then I noticed the red LED on my interface was on (ERROR) I tried and tried for 10 minutes and still couldn't get it to work.

My customer drove over an hour to my house and I thought I was screwed and might have to send my interface back and we would have to do this again another day.

So I got on the computer and sent Keith a email about my problem. I waited for about 10-15 minutes and I got a response. I tried his suggestion and it didn't work.

I emailed him again, and 2-3 minutes later I got a response of trying to do the firmware update with my desktop computer. First time I tried it it didn't work, but the 2nd time, worked like a charm!

I just wanted to let everyone know that even though HPT doesn't have a phone number, they are on the ball and respond rather quickly.

Thanks again Keith, it was very much appreaciated!

Bill
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Glad to see everything got worked out for you quickly
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks for your support!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Billiumss:
    I had a "similar" experience updating in that it didn't take the first time. But it worked the 2nd time around no problems. Just had to unplug the MPVI from the USB port & re-plug after 20 seconds. Just like the instructions said.

BTW: What did you do differently?

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    I did like the instructions said but I kept getting a write timeout error.

Tried my desktop and then it worked on the 2nd try.