Thread: Adding axis to VVE table map/baro for boost? And a PE question

Advanced Tuner

Adding axis to VVE table map/baro for boost? And a PE question

So I have a question, when I bring up the stock VVEtable it only goes to .93, can I just add more axis to this to help with the new 3bar map and the airflow? Under any sort of boost, I max out the .93 region rather quickly. I'm wondering how you guys are going about filling in these regions safely? I noticed when I added a few axis tables say up to 1.21 for the 1.2bar map it made the cell numbers get way larger for only the bottom section of the VVE. I take it once the pcm runs out at .93 it just linears a value? Whats going on here?

Also I noticed on this pcm, it doesn't have a MAP setting for PE, so I cant set it to enrich at 100kpa as usual. How do I go about making it go PE just into boost? Its hard to find what throttle makes it go into boost as the map was a way easier way of allowing for PE. I don't see any BE tables either. How do we go about this?

mafdrive2.hpt
    mafdrive2.hpl

I get a weird almost lean pop right into boost. But I have PE turned up to 4000 just trying to get the VVE dialed in under boost levels.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Click the MAP/BARO on the side and it'll bring up a screen that will allow you to change it to a 2 or 3 bar axis.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    engine-fuel -power enrich-eq ratio (on left) .....it's rpm vs manifold temp......numbers are typically 1.xxx

also, with that 1 bar map sensor, it will only read up to 2-3 psi, so find the equivalent in kpa . I don't think that you will see any eq errors in histogram above the equivalent kpa for 3 psi (remember that in the vve table, it's map/baro in kpa.

Also , if baro is still in MAF, then baro could be changing as well

side note: have you checked that the whipple install was done correctly..i.e. especially maf wiring mod? manifold iat should be higher than ambient and some

don't chase your tail
    Last edited by rjw; 08-11-2016 at 05:34 PM.
    2003 MY Z06 3.3 liter whipple ...sold at around 1000 rwhp
    wip 2015 Silverado w/2.9 Whipple (phase 1 completed) phase 2 in the works

Advanced Tuner
    Hey Dustin

I just compared your vve table to mine and I think that you are way rich in the boost areas. You have cells that are double mine and most of it is for example... like 2500 as opposed to my 2015.....and my vve was very rich

up top, you have cells in the 5000's !!!! mine are 3k lower or more

fouling plugs , I can understand.....must be blowing black smoke ...and a wideband sensor killer as well

have a look
    Last edited by rjw; 08-12-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    When I got the truck the nickname for it was rolling coal it was so bad. LOL That's why I got some new plugs/3bar map on the way, and gonna install the wideband the same day. The VE table is most likely screwed. Im done even trying until that stuff arrives. I'll toss your VE table on another screen and compare it. I Do believe the way the injector MS spikes that im getting a rich pop. I'll be able to confirm this once the wideband is installed. Like I said I don't want to pull mine from my vehicle, so I am making the customer buy his own. On something this radical, the wideband would have been the first thing I installed personally. Oh well.. These guys get to live and learn I guess. I'm not a big local shop, I'm just a guy who has a passion for tuning and racing. I help out when I can. Like I said they about put this thing back to stock before I got my hands on it because no one in our area could tune it. I haven't tackled many 4th gen pcms, and never done a 5gen... It was a big leap to move over. But I think between us and a few others we got the basic mechanics of the gen5 pcm. Keep me posted. Good talking to you. Have fun in that florida heat!!! I'd be working all night too to avoid that humidity.

I also made a nice little PE table math formula excel spreadsheet you should take a look at!
    Thanks,

Dustin

Advanced Tuner
    I went 11 psi, from 2000-6400 rpm with my vve table and it was rich all the way, so.....you are likely to burn the wb o2 sensor if WAY to rich

you'll get it, I'm sure...the advice from those in the know on this forum is a must have, must listen to....without their help, I would be totally toast. Nice talking to you as well. Call me anytime, I'm open 24/7....

if your 3 bar is from a ZR1,then set eng-airflow-map sensor linear is 312.5, offset is -11.25 kpa

set your vve to 2 bar and copy the axis values into your scanner (requires to iterations of hpt running)
    Last edited by rjw; 08-12-2016 at 03:33 AM.