Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User Deined PID

User Deined PID

I'm new to the program, and vs. 3 seems a little different to others w/older vresions.
    So, hopefully a simple question;

Where do I "start in order to create a custom PID"?

I've read all over, it shows how, just not where to ind the actual starting point in order to create.

Thanks or the help
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Hit ctrl+m to open math parameter manager

Or go to tools-->math parameters

In V3 and newer custom PID's are called "math parameters"
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Thanks much,
    One more thing, my username is at this time something like my key number or registration number, where can I change this?
    I can't find it in my profile settings, seems the username area is grayed out.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

I tried but don't think I can change it

Bill or Keith probably can..

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I tried but don't think I can change it

Bill or Keith probably can..
    Hi guys, Bill, Keith, was requesting info on how to change my username from my, what I think is serial number, to something other, but it won;t let me. Seems that line is grayed out.
    Any help please?

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Ok, so I got to math parameters, I think I can tell where to put what for the "boost", but as for adding a gauge, chart or so on, got a little lost.
    I was just going to do a bar, noticed others had various numbers associated with them, and wondered if they were like a "place setting" within the window, kinda like a margin or absolute base point for placement similar to a CAD file program.
    Any help?

Thanks

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

I have no idea what you're asking

You don't need to do anything to create a boost parameter. Boost is already built in as long as you're logging MAP and barometric pressure.

Post your layout and a log and exactly what you're trying to change.

If you go through some of the getting started threads in the Scanner section it walks through setting up a few different things. That will at least help you understand how it works.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I was talking about this section of tips and tricks, but it may be older, although, I only see "boost solenoid" not actual boost in psi, unless I'm missing it in the PID's

Converting MAP kPa to boost in PSI
    Application: All vehicles that reference MAP

To allow you to view actual boost pressures above atmospheric pressure you can simply make a custom PID.

VCM Suite 2 allows two solutions to this:

Solution 1
    Create a user defined PID and insert into the table as follows:
    • Name: Boost
    • Abbrv: Boost
    • Sensor: Manifold Absolute Pressure
    • Units: PSI
    • Function: [PID.11.IMP]-14.5

How it works: The scanner will convert map into absolute PSI & subtract atmospheric pressure. You shouldn't have to change your histograms, charts, gauges etc. as they all log as sensor based by default.

Solution 2
    This method is similar but uses [SENS.30.IMP]-14.5 as the function. You shouldn't have to change your histograms, charts, gauges etc. as they all log as sensor based by default.

The other portion off my question was based on how to place a new gauge into the current layout, as when I just add one, it is laying over top others. That was what I meant about the numbers down in the right lower section, at the "size" of gauge area. They look as though you could size "the gauge", as well as set the "placement" within the window.

I think I figured it out though, it does say "location" and size, I'm guessing location would be "placement in reference to others"

Thanks for your help

JIM

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

It's under math parameters, assuming you are using V3 or newer

You have to be logging barometric pressure in order for it to work, as that is the proper way to calculate boost. The way quoted above makes assumptions on barometric pressure that may or may not be right (usually aren't far off)

barometric pressure is one of the settings in my config list, is there a part of the BP parameters that needs put in the "user defined" area settings?
    I did it like the first setting and used the MAP sensor function. Set a small bar gauge to the right of gauge window only showing 0 to 10 w/5 points, knowing with the current car setup, the dash gauge shows like just over 8, close to 9, but they're not real accurate I'm told, so I figured I might see 7 on this PID, which is about where it should be I think.
    I did learn a bit more about windows and item placements as well, it is a "position" setting as ewll as size of gauge or bar, then I added it to the lower graph chart.

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

I had to do a complete windows restore and all programs reloaded, however, I can't get my Scanner to show me my "boost in psi" PID I created, for some reason, it isn't showing the "user defined" under the "add channel" part. I had some trouble getting all the files back in their respective folders/locations, I'm wondering if it is looking in the wrong place or I'm doing it incorrectly.
    I had it before, and can't remember all I did to get to it.
    The PID is created
    The guage is added
    When I click "add Channel", there are no "user defined" showing, but it is listed in my "Math" location.

Any help?

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Post a log and your current layout.

If there's a boost parameter in math parameters section then use it. It's included. You don't have to set it up

All you have to do is log manifold absolutes pressure and barometric pressure and it will work

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

There isn't one for my 2000 Regal GS, thus why I was using the tip of how to. Has boost solenoid control, and control level.
    I had it once, then the reload, I fear, got files put in wrong folders. Still trying to sort this out, but set up a new config, added the math as you explained, had the settings and all, but when I click to add what I made as a user PID, nothing shows.
    I'm seriously considering, reloading the VCM program again, as I can't tell which path it takes to "documents". I have a folder with mixed files, still trying to figure each folder for logs, layouts, configs and tunes.

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Post a log and your current layout.

If there's a boost parameter in math parameters section then use it. It's included. You don't have to set it up

All you have to do is log manifold absolutes pressure and barometric pressure and it will work
    Attached Files Attached Files

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

I did find boost in maths, but I can't find how to load it into the config. I add a channel, and it doesn't show the user defined.
    Am I trying to add the wrong thing or place?

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Untitled.jpg

This is all I see as for channel config options

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

You don't and can't add it to channels. Just use it in a chart or graph or gauge and it'll work if you're logging map and baro

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Yeah the built in one works just fine. I opened your log and the boost parameter works in a chart just fine. So you should be good to go, just use it... no need to set anything up.

I'm still not seeing it, there are a couple boost choices, one I picked gave me huge negative numbers, the others show nothing, in the guage or the chart. I guess I'm not sure which one to choose and it's parameters.
    I'm sorry, I'm not doing it right somehow, but had it before, just can't remember how I did it.
    Last edited by 00GrcyGtr; 09-12-2016 at 05:24 PM.

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Not sure what you're doing. There's only one boost parameter in the math parameter section.

Pick it, make sure units are in psi and it'll work. Or post your layout and I'll fix it.