Thread: Need a little less TQ management

Need a little less TQ management

TQ management.png
    In order to pull a little less timing do I lower the number 1 or increase it?
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Here - this should help clarify things (credit to whoever originally posted this):

The Torque Management equation is:

[(Shift Torque Adder * Shift Torque Modifier) + STF] * Cold Factor

In simple terms:

The Shift Torque Factor Adder is multiplied by the Shift Torque Factor Adder Modifier table. The result is then added to the Shift Torque Factor. Once this is done the figure is then multiplied by the Cold Multiplier. Mind you, unless you're in the South Pole, or similar, the Cold Factor is usually "1" so anything multiplied by "1" is the original multiplier.

Therefore, if your STF Adder is "1", your Multiplier is -0.500, your STF is "1" and your Cold Multiplier is also "1" then the equation is"

[(1 * -0.500) + 1] * 1 = 0.500

Therefore the Torque Management applied to that particular shift is 0.500 of the "stock" TM.

Is this the engine side or trans OR both?
    thanks

Advanced Tuner
    It reduces the amount of engine torque managment during transmission shifts....

Little slow

So take this field and multiply .5?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The table you clicked on in that picture is just the max torque for 1st gear, it's already at 1,000 ft/lbs and a number you won't see. Changing that table won't do anything more.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

You can see my problem

If I take first gear X .75 will that reduce TQ management? I'm surprised it's pulling in first I'd expect it to have more TQ higher up the gears. Looking at the first run it did it in first and pulled all the timing going to second. My first trip to the track a month ago didn't have this happen in and of the 3 runs.
    Thanks for the interest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Metraman; 10-09-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    If you want to reduce the amount of torque management during the upshifts, you should use the tables I mentioned in my post above.

For example, I have my tune setup to reduce torque management by up to 15%, based on the shift torque/RPM. I'm doing this with the Shift Torque Factor Adder and Shift Torque Factor Adder Modifier table - like this:

TransTorqueMgmt.JPG

So basically, since I set the "Shift Torque Factor Adder" to a "1" for all shifts, the Shift Torque Factor Adder Modifier table value will be used to alter the amount of torque management for each shift. For shifts up to 111 ft. lbs./2250rpm, I'm using 15% less torque management than stock. For shifts between 111-194 ft lbs and 2250-2750rpm, I'm using 10% less torque management than stock, etc...

Now this only affects upshifts. There is no mechanism to control the amount of torque management (to this level of detail) for downshifts though. For downshifts, you need to use the Spark Minimum spark limiter table (under Engine->Spark->Advance) - but it's a much less flexible way to control torque management (just sets the lower limit for spark timing during shifts).

Hope that helps clarify things. Now whether or not this is the solution to your specific problem, I'm not sure... But this is how you can really fine tune the amount of torque management being used during upshifts.

It's making some sence now I'll be ready for the November trip to the track.
    Thanks so much