Thread: FG F6 immobilising itself when plugging in the mpvi

Tuner

FG F6 immobilising itself when plugging in the mpvi

I have a customers fg f6 which is immobilising itself and throwing up numerous ABS, IC, BCM codes only when I plug in my mpvi, it is fine with his old SCT X3 and my VCM2..

My device still works fine on other cars, just this one in particular for some reason.. When it does immobilises it shuts off power to the obd2 so I can't read, write, or log

Any ideas?

Tuner
    For future reference..

The pins in the obd2 plug on the mpvi are slightly longer then others, pushing it in all the way was causing it to touch something behind the factory obd2 port causing confusion in the can signals, so just plug it in 3/4 of the way and it's fine, I might open the plug up and inspect further tomorrow

Advanced Tuner
    Never had that one before, good find. And thanks for posting the outcome.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile