Thread: Which camera/video app does TA use

Which camera/video app does TA use

My smart phone has the default Google camera app (Nexus 6p phone) and I recently started using a 3rd party app called FV-5 (very nice).

When I turn on TA for video which app does it use & can I change it?

Thanks.

TrackAddict does not use any external camera app, but rather controls the camera recording directly via the Android system (just as most apps should do).

Tuner
    TA has its own video-recording stuff, so you don't need any 3rd-party video software, unless you want to view the raw recorded video.

The only thing a 3rd party camera application is useful for is to aim the device or adjust the mount before you start TA.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarZ View Post
    TA has its own video-recording stuff, so you don't need any 3rd-party video software, unless you want to view the raw recorded video.

The only thing a 3rd party camera application is useful for is to aim the device or adjust the mount before you start TA.
    Check out the "Preview" tab that appears when you have onboard video recording enabled in TrackAddict... That's what I use to aim and adjust the camera view; no need to use an outside app unless you're trying to see what your GoPro is pointed at.