Thread: Scanner keeps crashing when I try to load data from old 2.x version.

Advanced Tuner

Scanner keeps crashing when I try to load data from old 2.x version.

I went in today to try and look at a data log from last November, and it crashes on me, and gives me the following error.

15nov15 dyno 865.hplerror.JPG

Yes, I have clicked on the "Send Error Report" button. But maybe someone can help.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

I can view it, are you running the lastest 3.2 software?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, I just downloaded the latest version, build 3.2.68.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.

Don't import data from 2.x

Unless you have 100 different configs for different setups, etc. it literally takes < 10 minutes to set everything up from scratch.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    So I can't go back and look at logs from when I was using 2.x?

Last night I was able to go to a default setting in the scanner, and load the run and look at the data and get the information I was after.

I guess in changing the scanner to work for my setup, I changed something or another and caused an issue to make it crash.

Yeah, count that one up to me not reading.

I thought you were trying to use old .cfg files from 2.24, not just trying to look at logs..

V3+ should show 2.24 logs relatively fine. Not perfect, but good enough to get by. Most people don't use old logs long.. because once you make changes to the tune you need new logs anyways, so there was only so much time spent on making old logs work in the new version.

Advanced Tuner
    I keep having this same problem... I cannot open an old log file from 2.2x without it crashing my scanner. How can you compare data if you can't go back and review data created with the old version? It keeps giving me the same error code, that the value does not fall within the expected range.

I tried opening the default settings, and that didn't work either. I'm really starting to despise HPtuners, partially because I don't use it all that often, and had gotten somewhat comfortable with the old version, and now this old dog has to relearn it, from scratch, and it's frustrating the hell out of me.

Are there any online tutorials?

Advanced Tuner
    I watched a couple quick videos... it helped... sorry, I'm old and tired and cranky... I'll figure it out. Change is tough sometimes.