Thread: Knock threshold

Tuner

Knock threshold

Tuning 2011 charger srt with vortech supercharger with complete system come with diablo tune and the threshold is low in 5200 rpm and 5800 rpm about 1.3xx in cyl 2 to 8 and in cyl1 is about 1.5?? ..

I dont know why vortech do these but the problem is the car have lose power in 6000 rpm and after 6000 rpm car run very good

Can anyone explain why vortech lower the threshould in high rpm and raise it to 1.8 in lower rpm

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure Vortech's reason of doing that, maybe just to keep it as safe as possible, being it might just be a one tune file that they use for all the kits and just do small changes for people who have other modifications.

Senior Tuner
    Did they modify the High RPM Mult table? That is the proper way to handle the change.

EDIT: shouldn't say "proper" but based upon your knock table setups, some just have rpm and voltage, some have aircharge by rpm voltages. For the former, I use the multiplier.

Logic is being 1volt over threshold at 3,000 rpms should be treated more severe than 1 volt over threshold at higher rpms, keeping in mind you have already given it a higher threshold to start at higher rpms. Knock closer to peak torque is more dangerous than knock in the upper rpms for a stocker.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 08-17-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Did they modify the High RPM Mult table? That is the proper way to handle the change.

EDIT: shouldn't say "proper" but based upon your knock table setups, some just have rpm and voltage, some have aircharge by rpm voltages. For the former, I use the multiplier.

Logic is being 1volt over threshold at 3,000 rpms should be treated more severe than 1 volt over threshold at higher rpms, keeping in mind you have already given it a higher threshold to start at higher rpms. Knock closer to peak torque is more dangerous than knock in the upper rpms for a stocker.
    Thank you for information .. that all i need for now

And the multi high rpm is stock no change from vortech tune

But with cai 91 octane the thershold is high from 3600 rpm 2.0 and 2.3 in 6500 rpm that make me thing why in the na car the thershold is low and in the boosted car is low

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    read your plugs, and find your best torque on the dyno
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161