Thread: items in channels grayed out?

Advanced Tuner

items in channels grayed out?

Why would my channels area change when I connect. Many items become grayed out.

a while later, I connect and everything is back to normal

thanks
    2003 MY Z06 3.3 liter whipple ...sold at around 1000 rwhp
    wip 2015 Silverado w/2.9 Whipple (phase 1 completed) phase 2 in the works

They grey if unsupported. Says the offline profile you default to is different that the car you are connecting to.

If you close the log, go to Vehicle>Offline Profile...you should see that vehicle if you connected previousl;y. Pick it and the Channels will reappear as well. Nice new addition of 3.0.....saves connexted vehicle profiles.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    They grey if unsupported. Says the offline profile you default to is different that the car you are connecting to.

If you close the log, go to Vehicle>Offline Profile...you should see that vehicle if you connected previousl;y. Pick it and the Channels will reappear as well. Nice new addition of 3.0.....saves connexted vehicle profiles.

Ed M
    thanks Ed

but why would it have changed?

thx

Shouldn't have changed assuming you're on the same vehicle

I've had to repoll for supported parameters before when that has happened randomly. No idea why.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Shouldn't have changed assuming you're on the same vehicle

I've had to repoll for supported parameters before when that has happened randomly. No idea why.
    I changes some engine parameters, and wrote just the ecm, not the trans and then it happened ???

might be why? also truck seemed to lose power....do I need to write both calibrations always?

thx

Tuner in Training
    I just "repolled for available parameters" and lost 75% of my channels, including 3 analog signals. The OBD2 signal lost are greyed out and inaccessible and the analog (2 widebands and a pressure sensor) are completely missing. How do I recover them. Loading channel config again doesn't help. Thanls
    - Ken

2014 Chevy SS, LS3 6.2L, auto, Whipple Supercharged, 8 psi on 91 octane.

Do it again. It shouldn't have done anything like that.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    I'm loving this stuff. but if the vehicle was a gen 3, I would have been doing rtt and now sitting on a florida beach sipping mohitos....lol

who loves a challenge ??

Tuner in Training
    Copy SOLUTION from my other post:
    Nothing worked to re-scan and get my grayed out channels back. I was preparing to uninstall and reinstall hptuners per tuning school recommendation. Then after some digging I found working solution.
    Here's the SOLUTION: Apparently (according to hptuners help) there used to be a button to click in the scanner under "Tools" "Options" that shows (1) Units and (2) Clear out vehicle history. That 2nd part, clear vehicle history, doesn't exist anymore, at least in my version (8/17/2016 4:02:29 PM VCM Suite Product: VCM Scanner 3.0.127). On hard drive where hptuners is installed, go to HP Tuners --> VCM Scanners --> Vehicles: and remove saved vehicles (I saved them in another folder). The scan again. All OBD2 channels were resurrected. I did, however, have to manually add the 3 external analog channels (2 widebands and a pressure sensor). Re-save channels and layout. Scanner works. The universe is in order again. Reminder to self: Never, never hit that soft button "repoll for available parameters"!
    - Ken

2014 Chevy SS, LS3 6.2L, auto, Whipple Supercharged, 8 psi on 91 octane.

3.0.127 is ancient

Glad you got it fixed, though.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    Hi All,
    I'm pretty new to HP Tuners and this Forum. I'm having the same problem with unsupported PID's when attempting to log with Scanner and have spent hours searching the internet and forums for answers. All of the support techs at HP Tuners are in Australia at this time, so I've come to this forum. I have the latest VCM Scanner Version 3.4.89. My vehicle is a 2012 Boss 302 Mustang, Ford Operating System (Strategy) FPRD0B5. I have cleared the VCM Scanner Vehicle files and allowed the scanner to repoll my ecu several times. But, still have almost all of the PID's grayed out that I need to update my tune for a larger throttle body and upgraded MAF. I completed the Ford Level I Tuning Course in February, but we didn't cover this issue and I'm a hobbyist not a professional. So, I'm at a loss where to go from here. Screen shot is below if anyone can take a look at it and give me some advice. Thanks!
    Dale

Screen Shot.jpg

Potential Tuner
    I have this problem with a coyote crate. Scanner 3.6. Did find the solution

Potential Tuner
    OPPS! I have this problem with a coyote crate. Scanner 3.6. Did find the solution. Should have read " does anyone have a solution?"