Thread: "Repolled for supported parameters" and now 75% of my channels are greyed out

Tuner in Training

"Repolled for supported parameters" and now 75% of my channels are greyed out

After using hptuners successfully for some time, with the same vehicle and computer, I just "repolled for available parameters" and lost 75% of my channels, including all 3 analog signals. The OBD2 signals lost are now greyed out and inaccessible and the analog (2 widebands and a pressure sensor) are completely missing. How do I recover them? Loading channel config again doesn't help. Rebooting computer doesn't help. (The computer IS successfully connecting through hptuners unit to the vehicle, but now there are only a few available channels). Thanks
    - Ken

2014 Chevy SS, LS3 6.2L, auto, Whipple Supercharged, 8 psi on 91 octane.

Load a previous log with those channels. With the log still open, save the Channels via the disc icon above the Name column. This should make that channel config available by using the Folder icon nect to the disc after you hook up to the vehicle.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Ed, I followed your instructions. After saving the channels from the log, the software forces you to close the log before starting a new logging session. As soon as I close the log the channels are greyed out as before.
    Thanks for helping.
    - Ken

Tuner in Training
    Nothing worked to re-scan and get my grayed out channels back. I was preparing to uninstall and reinstall hptuners per tuning school recommendation. Then after some digging I found working solution.
    Here's the SOLUTION: Apparently (according to hptuners help) there used to be a button to click in the scanner under "Tools" "Options" that shows (1) Units and (2) Clear out vehicle history. That 2nd part, clear vehicle history, doesn't exist anymore, at least in my version (8/17/2016 4:02:29 PM VCM Suite Product: VCM Scanner 3.0.127). On hard drive where hptuners is installed, go to HP Tuners --> VCM Scanners --> Vehicles: and remove saved vehicles (I saved them in another folder). The scan again. All OBD2 channels were resurrected. I did, however, have to manually add the 3 external analog channels (2 widebands and a pressure sensor). Re-save channels and layout. Scanner works. The universe is in order again. Reminder to self: Never, never hit that soft button "repoll for available parameters"!
    - Ken

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach Schnell! View Post
    Nothing worked to re-scan and get my grayed out channels back. I was preparing to uninstall and reinstall hptuners per tuning school recommendation. Then after some digging I found working solution.
    Here's the SOLUTION: Apparently (according to hptuners help) there used to be a button to click in the scanner under "Tools" "Options" that shows (1) Units and (2) Clear out vehicle history. That 2nd part, clear vehicle history, doesn't exist anymore, at least in my version (8/17/2016 4:02:29 PM VCM Suite Product: VCM Scanner 3.0.127). On hard drive where hptuners is installed, go to HP Tuners --> VCM Scanners --> Vehicles: and remove saved vehicles (I saved them in another folder). The scan again. All OBD2 channels were resurrected. I did, however, have to manually add the 3 external analog channels (2 widebands and a pressure sensor). Re-save channels and layout. Scanner works. The universe is in order again. Reminder to self: Never, never hit that soft button "repoll for available parameters"!
    Thanks for sharing this, was having the same issues and this fixed it for me. I made the same mistake and "repolled", lost everything but a few basic channels.... spent hours trying to figure out where my 2 bar map was. Thanks man.

Potential Tuner
    Mach, I am having the same problem if I go to my documents/ HP Tuners/scanner/ vehicle and then delete the vehicle that I am having trouble with can that cause me to lose the vehicle license for that car? Is that how you reset yours?
    Mike

You no longer have to do that with the latest VCM Scanner. You can force a repoll from under the Vehicle menu.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...