Thread: RTT Tuning in HPT 3.X. Cannot clear fuel trim data after applying changes

Senior Tuner

RTT Tuning in HPT 3.X. Cannot clear fuel trim data after applying changes

Hi guys,

There is another thread where this is brought up but no solution.

We need to be able to reset the histograms/charts after applying our changes in RTT. So for instance if we are tuning a fuel table with a histogram setup to display fuel trims we need to be able to wipe that histogram clean after the changes to the fuel table have been applied. Kieth suggested the "Change your view to visible data only" but you cannot do this while scanning which is the whole point of real time tuning.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

That's not a feature we'll be able to implement for some time into the 3.x framework. For now, you'll have to start/stop logging.

We'll look into adding the "visible data only" option during live scanning.

The other thing you can do is change your view to "last" so you're seeing the last value as you target specific cells.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    That's not a feature we'll be able to implement for some time into the 3.x framework. For now, you'll have to start/stop logging.

We'll look into adding the "visible data only" option during live scanning.

The other thing you can do is change your view to "last" so you're seeing the last value as you target specific cells.
    Uggh, Please understand that's basically not usable. I'm not upset but that just isn't going to work. The last value in a specific cell is statistically not relevant. Stopping/starting log over and over again.. How do we know the RTT modified tables are still being used? You could say to reload the RTT tables but that takes forever to re-populate some tables. I'll go back to 2.24 for anything I want to do in RTT. I still have a copy around here somewhere.
    Last edited by Alvin; 08-22-2016 at 01:02 PM.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    I'm curious if the HPT folks have any update here. It's been more than seven years and two major versions.

If this is still difficult to implement, I'll offer some suggestions:
    1. In addition to Last and Average, add an option for Rolling Average, which only includes some set of the most recent values. Maybe the last five minutes? Ideally, make it configurable somewhere and so the user can choose.
    2. Record the last time LTFTs were cleared, and use that interval for the rolling average.
    3. Make it so that you can set a "marker" at some point in the log file, then make an option for "Average since last marker" in the table. Make it so that when LTFTs are cleared, it automatically sets a marker at that point in time (after the LTFTs have definitely been cleared!). Maybe the first time you do it, it asks if you want to set a marker -- and you can pick yes, no, always, or never.)
    4. When the user clears LTFTs during a log session, prompt to stop and start logging automatically (with that same yes/no/always/never option as above). Make sure that this automated process doesn't interrupt the use of the RTT tables with their current values -- or, if that's not possible, it at least preserves and restores them afterward.
    5. Make a Math function for rolling averages. The user can then configure a table of LTFTs using that value. (Note that, if you do this, the user would need to use the "Last" value in the table in order to not trample the math function.)

I'm still pretty new around here, but even I can see the value in fixing this issue with RTT. Could any of those work with the current architecture/framework? Any other ideas?
    Last edited by JakeRobb; 11-30-2023 at 01:29 PM.
    2002 Z28 M6 TUNE IN PROGRESS, targeting ~500whp -- 24x heads+cam LS3 controlled by the factory 0411. Street + HPDE car.
    1987 Grand National ~450whp, 58mm turbo, controlled by Fast XFI 2.0. Cruise + show car.