Thread: AEM 30-4900 AFR / Boost gauge setup

Tuner in Training

AEM 30-4900 AFR / Boost gauge setup

How do I setup the Boost gauge input for HPT? I have the wires in the interface. I put the AFR in input 1 and the Boost in input 3. Ground in #5. I do not see the correct pressure gauge so what do I need to do so that I have the correct readings? AFR is working

Just select one of the pre-configured ones then hit the "fx" button, that will transfer all the settings down to the user defined section. Then change the formula to whatever it should be for that model and you should be good to go

What is this on? If you have a boost capable MAP sensor then there's no need for this
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    That's what I thought but its not reading right. I'm getting a -8psi at idle then goes down under throttle. Directions say pressure = (10xV) - 16. I have setup as (input/.1) + -16. Should be the same thing.

A different problem is that I cannot see the boost on my actual gauge because the USB drivers in Win10 suck so it wont recognize it for me to open the AEM software to change what the gauge displays. So I cannot verify what the gauge is actually reading...

I have an 09 Pontiac G8 GXP. LS3 that I put the magnacharger kit on. Smaller Pulley, Bigger fuel pump and injectors. I had a local tuner tune the car last year and I have a few issues with it so I joined the forums to seek help on it but before I dove into those issues I just want to make sure I'm logging everything correctly

Can you post a quick log?

You can just use the cars MAP sensor for a boost reading assuming it's a 2 or 3 bar sensor, which it should be for any supercharged LS engine IMO. If it's not, I'd change it. Add barometric pressure to the list of channels you are logging. Then HPT has a built in "boost" parameter you can use in graphs/charts/gauges.

There's no reason to connect an extra one IMO

But.. I'll try to look into it a little more, a log would help though
    Last edited by schpenxel; 08-24-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I don't know what MAP sensor is in it other than I know its the stock LS3 MAP. I know that I asked the 2 guys that tuned the car previously (Pat G remotely and the local guy) about changing the MAP and neither said anything about it.

I was hoping to get the gauge / hp tuners working just so I knew. Plus it was a part of the wideband / gauge that I ordered so its not like I had to modify anything extra to fit another gauge. Its all in one.

Here is a log from last night.

Thank you for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpl 3.hpl (4.26 MB, 28 views)

That tune looks pretty rough based on that log. Something is seriously wrong.

But anyways

In the channel list, right click on the setting for the AEM boost channel and go to units, psi.

Comparing those readings, once in psi, to the boost values HPT is spitting out, they are very close... so I think it's fine.

I put it in a chart along side MAP and boost and it seems to be lining up

Boost.JPG

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    That's why I'm here... I didn't think it was right and I wanted to see if I could get help to fix it... I had it in psi I honestly didn't think that it would be negative that much. I just looked at a log that I did a little earlier yesterday and it had some harder driving on it and the boost was up to 9psi and that was where I honestly thought it would be at so that makes me feel a little better.

Story: Bought the magnacharger kit and didn't like the way the car ran and the way the transmission shifted so I paid for a remote tune from Pat G after borrowing HPT from a buddy. Through 8 tunes I still wasn't happy with it so I paid a local guy to tune it and put the car on the dyno. Car seems to run ok to me just my issue is with on cold starts when I put it into get it wants to / will stall on me(just browsing it looks to me like its in the Open/Closed loop settings). That tuner has been screwing me around for a year and I'm tired of it so I borrowed the software / interface again and here we are. I read quite a few post of guys that had many issues and had next to no knowledge and everyone seemed very helpful and the problems were fixed.

SO... How bad is the tune... I'm assuming need to make a new post in the other section and that is fine.

I attached the tune and the other log I was talking about. Longer drive. Slow and Fast driving. city roads and highway
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah best bet is to probably start a thread in the gen 4 section so it'll get more views. I'll check it out.. I just noticed fuel trims super high so that wasn't a good sign

What are current mods? Or if you want to just put that in the new thread I'll check it out there

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Thanks again - I posted in Gen 4

Potential Tuner
    Was this ever resolved?

I too am trying to set up a 30-4900 to read vac/boost properly in Scanner. I need the magic formula numbers I guess. None of the canned configurations work. Here's what AEM gives...

Capture1.JPG

Potential Tuner
    Got it.

The solution for the AEM 30-4900 is: (InputV/.1000)-16.

Example: 2.5V input divided by .1 is 25. 25 minus 16 is 9. So, 2.5V from this gauge is 9psi of boost.

zsddsaf.JPG

Potential Tuner

Here ya go

Easy button for AEM 30-4900 Failsafe

AFR / Lambda
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BillDaCat8 View Post
    Easy button for AEM 30-4900 Failsafe

AFR / Lambda
    No image