Thread: RPM dives below 900

RPM dives below 900

I don’t know where to post this, this is not a tuning, I that’s something my car doing for really while. Now with HPT I hope to get this fixed.
    Right after I rev high it goes to idle and dives under 900rpm (approx 620) and jumps to 1100 and after idles normal. I have pic and .hpl attached

frame 2752 and even deeper :4767
    Last edited by iGoRa; 05-14-2006 at 11:06 PM.
    www.turbofirebird.com tuned with HPT MPVI Pro, LC-1.

Potential Tuner
    your timing does not look right to me, maybe smooth it out and see if it makes a diffrents.

I did that , and also took few degrees to eliminate knock. the car works way better but still dives.
    www.turbofirebird.com tuned with HPT MPVI Pro, LC-1.

Senior Tuner
    I don't know a whole lot myself but the O2 readings look really low to me. Looks like a fueling issue(Guessing here!). I'm sure one of the seniors will nail this one for you............

Does it occur during "normal" driving, or just when starting off in Reverse or Drive? Can you post up a scan with idle, cruise, and wot conditions? Make sure to log IAC's, Maff, Map, RPM, TPS, KR, Trans Current Gear, TCC, Speed, and LTFT. Also - does it happen when the vehicle is cold, or warm?
    Regal GS Site Owner / HPT Moderator / FTV6 Mod

Look at your closed throttle timing in Drive. You are going as low as 10 degrees, this is allowing the rpm's to drop. Make your closed throttle timing 18 deg if you have a stock cam at that RPM and Grams/sec/cyl level.
    If you have a cam make it more.
    Mark
    Mark

I'd be allot more concerned with how lean at wot your at. The car is entering DFCO when in decel and shutting off the fuel. And yes, you need more low load/rpm spark timing.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    ok RPM dives below 900