Thread: Torque Management

Tuner in Training

Torque Management

I hear a few people talking about turning off "Torque management" to improve throttle response. T or F?
    I've never noticed an "Off" option. Just adjustments only.
    Anybody have any experience with that?

Correct, it's not like an on/off switch, you are changing the numbers/values in certain tables or in drop down menu's to remove torque management from the tune.

The way you do this depends on the vehicle you are working with.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Great. Thanks. Obviously everybody's goal is to have the most torque possible. So is there a secret formula/process to determine the best setting in these tables, or just trial and error?

Still kind of depends on the vehicle you are working with.

On some it's easy to remove all the TM on the engine side while keeping TM on the transmission to prevent it from slipping/slamming gear/internal damage.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

Torque Management V6

Cool this is a 190KW tune for an Alloytec would you adjust the torque tables to 100% in this case??
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    I can't read your tune from here so like everyone else who can't I have absolutely no idea whatsoever which year make or model we are talking about here. But on most earlier V6 models you should be fine without any torque management. It can be mostly disabled on the V8's & 4.3L V6's but you have to leave the calculations in their tables for shifts to still happen correctly.