Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traction control loss on 05 HSV 6.0L

Tuner in Training

Traction control loss on 05 HSV 6.0L

As the title says we have lost traction control any time we remove the MAF to run speed density on a new 6.0L Holden.

Even just turning the Maf codes to No Mil makes traction control not work.

Is anyone else having this issue ?

Are the LS2's unable to run Mafless - I am sure I saw Mario playing with a cammed GTO that was mafless with a OTR .

i have heard it's ok on M6 cars but for A4's there are problems with the trans moving to default pressure mode. I will add this table in the next release but there are a lot of things that break when the MAF is disconnected on the LS2.

The MAF DTC triggers an "Invalid Engine Torque Signal" flag that indicates to a whole bunch of other things (including the TCM) that the engine torque calculation cannot be trusted dut to the MAF failure. There is no easy way to disable this.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    i have heard it's ok on M6 cars but for A4's there are problems with the trans moving to default pressure mode. I will add this table in the next release but there are a lot of things that break when the MAF is disconnected on the LS2.

The MAF DTC triggers an "Invalid Engine Torque Signal" flag that indicates to a whole bunch of other things (including the TCM) that the engine torque calculation cannot be trusted dut to the MAF failure. There is no easy way to disable this.
    This has always been on M6's , havent tried a A4 yet as I assumed there may be some auto issues.

I have tried various different std base calibrations but they all have the same effect when the maf is removed.

Can the "Invalid Engine Torque Signal" flag be turned off or tuned out
    Last edited by firebird; 05-15-2006 at 12:38 AM.

There is no easy way to disable this.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    I think this is the issue I am running into.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5871

You would think that if it decided the calculation couldn't be trusted that it would revert to soft shifting instead of full line pressure. Can you fix it on a per bin file basis?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

often the default behaviour is to shift harder so the trans protects itself and also so the driver will take the car to a dealer sooner.

there will be an extra table coming in 2.1.12 for the A4 TCM that will give some help.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Confirmed the same issue today on an 05 GTO M6.

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone actually ran a LS2 mafless that didnt have traction control issues.

If so can they please post up the base calibration they are using ?

Advanced Tuner
    Tim tuned his somehow, unless he's an M6. Tim, you got your ears on?

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.

Advanced Tuner
    Tim does have an M6. (I've been looking at his .hpt lately.)
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Tuner in Training
    I have tuned my GTO in SD mode with no issue other then the no traction control. I don;t see it as a big deal.

Just remember not to unplug the MAF rather set the MAF Fail frequency to 0, then do your other settings and your good to go.

Advanced Tuner
    Your is a A4?

Please detail out each thing in your bin you changed to do VE tuning. I set the maf fail to 0 and whether it was plugged in or not, it slams into gear.

Tuner in Training
    Damn, no, an M6. Sorry about that.

i have also heard of an issue with the ABS software version that for some reason declares CANbus comms DTC's. A dealer reflash of the ABS fixes it so i am told. Note i cannot confirm this 100%, it's just what i have been told.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Chris,

In the next version, will I be able to tune VE? Have you figured anything out? Can I do any testing for you.

Thanks,
    Jason

should have a beta version soon, line pressure control when the MAF fails is VERY basic.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    I will be heading from York, PA to Petersburg, VA this Friday. Any chance I can get that so I can play with it on the way down?

Potential Tuner
    Is this the same cause of the problem the Magna Charged GTO's have when getting into boost the traction control disables? Will the new version solve this problem also?

Tuner in Training
    Has the loss of traction control been fixed when in speed density on a LS2 now the 2 bar speed density stuff has been released

i have had no reports of traction control issues with our LS2 2bar. I have personally done a few vehicles, both A4 and M6 and not seen any TCS or trans shifting issues.

One of the cars i tested would throw the Trac OFF thing all the time according to the owner when tuned using the MAF with s/c.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...