Thread: 2009 Challenger 6.1 Vortech Throttle Hang @ WOT

2009 Challenger 6.1 Vortech Throttle Hang @ WOT

Hey everyone. i've got a 2009 Challenger SRT8 on the dyno right now with a Vortech V-3. Customer pullied down and added headers. Our tune is based off the OTS Vortech tune. I haven't touched throttle settings. I have only added fuel and removed timing to dial in the VE table. After a WOT pull, I let off the throttle at about 5k and the revs continue to rise until I shut it down with the key. Throttle volts read ~1.51 and pedal volts are 0. I'm on the dyno right now. Heres a log and the tune. If you guys can help me out ASAP, I'd appeciate it. Thanks!

2009VortechChallenger1.hpt
    challenger1.hpl
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Senior Tuner
    Looks like your bypass isn't venting enough air, I would look into that. Is it the maxflow or standard?

I got it figured out for the most part. I had to lower the values in the Desired Airflow Large Range and Throttle Body airflow. Looks like the throttle closes properly now, going to vacuum and opening the bypass. Only thing is this made the throttle feel a little lazy but it might be the only solution to a sticking throttle.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Tuner in Training
    Can you send me your final tune file. I?m having the same issue with 2010 Challenger with a Procharger set up. I reduced both those tables by 45% and still have the run away throttle issue.

What areas and how much needs to be adjusted toremedy this?