Thread: Limiting Boost at WOT - FI LT1

Limiting Boost at WOT - FI LT1

What do you guys think is the best method? Limiting the TB area under Electronic Throttle? Lowering Driver Demand? Lowering Peak Torque?

Vehicle in question is a 2015 C7 with a stroker LT1 and a centri with meth. Should make around 14-15 psi but I want to limit boost to around 4 or 5 psi through the tune, temporarily. I am leaning towards limiting TB opening area.....

Thanks.

Higgs all of those will do it... But I think your on the right track...just limit throttle to something around 50% and that will do it....

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    when limiting throttle to control boost. i would take several logs to make sure what happens to enrichment and cyl airmass
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

What am I looking for? I assume enrichment will be the same since it's based on pedal and I lower torque criteria quite a bit usually. I would also think cyl airmass will be lower....to what consequence?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i would think limit throttle will mess with your criteria of PE since its torque based
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I tend to set my PE tq criteria to around 40% and PE kicks in off TPS...
    My particular build starts making boost as low at 1500rpms/37% throttle...

If you set it up to only hold 50% throttle it will go directly off the DD table for that throttle percent and make the PE tq criteria lower than most factory cars set at 70, don't see an issue with that

14 Gen 5 Viper

If ya think about it... Like ECS does with there restrictor plates to limit boost, you could do the same in the ECU

14 Gen 5 Viper

But we are limiting throttle area, not pedal. It should still use the 100% row of DD since that is pedal based but it will not open the throttle all the way.....

Will be interesting to see what it does to close the throttle though when I get a chance to test it.

Ahh I thought we were talking about limiting throttle...

Higgs let me know how the experiment goes.... I assume a customers car that you don't want him to get a heavy foot lol bc or fueling??

14 Gen 5 Viper

Yes cust car. Going to try something different setting up for meth and it's a remote tune......

Tuner in Training
    I know its a whole different route but I use the SCG-1 from innovate. It has a electronic boost controller along with ARF gauge etc. that is easy to use and can be set to open the blow off valve at whatever PSI you wish up to stock spring settings and ramp in and out as you wish. amazing little unit. and then you can control in easily from inside the car.

Tuning Addict
    Higgs if you haven't already seen it, check out the VE and MAF tuning thread over on the Gen 4 section. Should be able to help you out on tuning in the VE tables without losing boost from the failed MAFS.

Thanks GHug, I have seen those threads, what I want to do is limit the throttle to limit boost so I can find the maximum amount of boost the fuel system will handle properly, then add meth. This is a centri stroker LT1.

Tuning Addict
    I understand that and kind of thought it was a "nifty" idea to keep the owner or operator from blowing up his new engine... I just remembered you trying to get yours tuned in without killing the MAF somehow because it was going into rep and I had lost my formulas for doing just that or I would have helped you then and now these popped up, SO anyways... Just wasn't sure if you had gotten it figured out is all
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I understand that and kind of thought it was a "nifty" idea to keep the owner or operator from blowing up his new engine... I just remembered you trying to get yours tuned in without killing the MAF somehow because it was going into rep and I had lost my formulas for doing just that or I would have helped you then and now these popped up, SO anyways... Just wasn't sure if you had gotten it figured out is all
    Ok cool man, I do appreciate it! And no I haven't figured that out yet! :-)

Tuning Addict
    I was thinking about this more after the last post and wouldn't you have to use multiple means? By this I'm referring to just because you cut dd in half or less doesn't mean that it's going to limit boost or throttle, but there is a throttle specific table that you could use and just set it to 50% for starters - just basically wondering if one would work on it's own or if both would be required?

Also in reference to the other thread - thought that way you wouldn't have to kill the MAF or worry about rep...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    I know this is an old thread but....

What was the outcome to limit boost?

My 2015 Corvette produces 13.1 psi but I would like to have a tune around 5 psi also for when my son takes the Corvette cruising.

Thanks!