Thread: Tuned EcoLPI results

Tuner in Training

Tuned EcoLPI results

Hey guys,

Seems like my ECU is fully supported on HP Tuners so I went to a local shop and endeavoured to get my car custom tuned.

My car is a 2012 FG MK2 EcoLPI XR6

I kind of feel disappointed with the results and was told that I was expecting too much from my car.

Here is picture of my dyno graphs, with red being after the tune, and green being before the tune. (As you can see curves basically look the same and car still feels stock).

My car is N/A dedicated gas and has all the supporting mods such as full exhaust with extractors, CAI, etc. Was expecting to pick up more power on the mid to top end and not end up with only a 5rwkw gain. Wondering what you guys think.

Cheers
    Last edited by TehNewbie; 08-29-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Without having actually tuned 1 before I wasn't sure whether there is much to be gained, it looks a fair bit leaner & would be interesting to see whether there's much extra timing in there but if all done right you can only get out of it what you can safely.

What results were you expecting ?

Who tuned it ?
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    What results were you expecting ?

Who tuned it ?
    I was expecting to maybe gain at least 10rwkw on my car due to having mods such as CAI, full exhaust including extractors etc. More or so to that of the levels of a tuned NA petrol XR6.

The car was tuned at Springy Performance.

Yeh we pick up around 15-20rwkw on N/A's and I've had good results on LPG Turbo XR's etc but Springy is a good workshop so that must be all she's got ?

Reminds me of VG35 skylines with aftermarket MoTech's and hours on the dyno to only pick up 5rwkw as it's so well tuned from factory, I wouldn't of thought this would be the case with a falcon but who knows the EcoLpi strategy may very well be honed in to the finer limits !
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    It does look like fuel only as the afr and the power curve are almost identical. As has been mentioned already, perhaps it already had enough timing and adding more didn't make a difference to power. Being high comp and high octane, it would have to be up there anyway.

As far as being disappointed in the gains, most of it was already there before the tune the in the form of the hardware mods you did. If you compared it to a stock vehicle it would look much more impressive.

Tuned na gains aren't impressive anyway (IMO) unless; 1) the whole motor has been done or, 2) the stock tune was lacking. Even then it'll have nothing on tuned turbo gains which most people are accustomed to looking at.

On the bright side it will use less fuel when you're flogging the guts out of it which is the whole point behind having an na car on gas isn't it?!

Tuner in Training
    You might have saved your dollars on those mods and tried a turbo conversion from a wrecked FG instead. Definitely more power to be had then!

Tuner in Training
    Not sure if that would be safe having a high comp motor (12:1). Plus would need to run the likes of an external boost controller, things could get messy quickly.

Advanced Tuner
    theres several 190rwkw petrol na cars with similar mods, sure the ecolpi would be able to run up power levels at least close to matching petrol?