Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Question about VE air, MAF air, and Dynamic air

ok the scanner didn't work but great news I've figured out how to do it lol
    haven't got my car atm so can't try it out but will on the weekend
    one thing i am wondering /having trouble with is when i put in the wb pid in i can only select volts as units
    i think this is becouse i am running though mvpi should i try to set up through serial
    it reads fine in my logs
    thanks all keep up the great work
    2013 GEN F GTS (the stormtrooper)
    mods- BTR stg3 cam, pac valve springs, harrop intake, ID850s, forced induction interchiller, 2.55 upper/9.17 lower pullys, snow performance water/meth injection, defillipo 3" catback, cat delete pipes, built and tuned by me

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ants-gts View Post
    one thing i am wondering /having trouble with is when i put in the wb pid in i can only select volts as units
    i think this is becouse i am running though mvpi should i try to set up through serial
    it reads fine in my logs
    thanks all keep up the great work
    I've got the same issue to Ants when using a WB equation, glad you asked the question.

Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Cheers I'll sort that
    I set it up in 2.4 and it carried over lol
    Thought it was ok till now

Advanced Tuner
    Ahhhhh +1 for the AEM over canbus. don't have to worry about any offset.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Advanced Tuner
    I got lost several pages ago. Can't help but think some of you have made this a lot more complicated than it needs to be. This is an iterative process that requires patience.

Tuner in Training
    Without the struggle it all coming together wouldnt be so sweet. Iterative process that pretty much sums it up. Learned something new today

Wide band was Set up fine but I was trying to add the wrong thing as the proper one would Show up red but works fine 😌
    Got 3 of the formulas working
    2 are very close to each other

Old thread bump. I was wondering if anyone came up with a final formula that included all the error adjustments required?

I want to fill in my VE table below 3000 for the higher MAP levels for WOT VE tuning so I'm at least close before I go flogging on it to get it dialed in.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Easy now I still believe that there is a way to incorporate st's into the equations... After all - even the wideband is just used as an error calculator... Just not sure of the equation required?
    Hey guys, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but damn there's some good info here. Thanks to the guys that did all the heavy lifting!
    I've been using this math to simulate wideband AFR based on what my fuel trims are doing (unrelated) and it seems to work well.
    Would love your thoughts on it too, as I'm trying to use it for GMVE calculations and would love confirmation on whether this would be at least semi-accurate for that purpose.
    (([fuel_trim]/100)*[AFR_cmd])+[AFR_cmd]
    (([50116.156]/100)*[50121])+[50121]

Tuner in Training
    That's exactly the one I'm working on.

Senior Tuner
    Your formula will not work if intending to use MAF to calibrate VVE.

Using fuel trims then eq commanded can only be 1. Therefore multiplying by 1 is pointless.

You're also not looking at the error between the maf and vve airflow. For example in steady state driving MAF enabled, if you have a +5% fuel trim and the vve airflow reads say 3% more than the MAF airflow then the output from smokeshows formula will be 2%. I.e vve is closer to correct than the MAF is but it still needs a 2% adjustment, whilst the MAF will need a 5% adjustment.

Tuner in Training
    I started playing with simulating and AFR reading because I was playing with this formula:
    GMVE=[AFR(wb)]*[Injector Flow Rate (g/s)]*[Injector PW (ms)]*[MAT (K)])/[MAP(kpa)].
    I'm in closed loop for fuel trims so my wideband is pointless, so I was thinking calculating a simulated wideband reading using stft might work.
    All because the GMVE channel doesn't report on my car, it stays at 0.
    Plugging the ve_airflow channel into the stft %err math works, but I think because the MAF responds slow at low rpm, it's causing severe rich/lean swings in my data, where plugging math seems to work, I'm just trying to make it as accurate as possible.
    I'm just looking for the most accurate GMVE formula to plug in to get GMVE_Airflow and plug that into the final math.

Long winded and erratic, sorry... this melts my brain lol

Senior Tuner
    I see what you're doing now. Looks like it should work. Unreal that you haven't got access to ve airflow in your scanner.

Its gonna be a long ass formula by the time you're finished with it haha.

Just to tidy up as afr commanded is always 1 when referencing fuel trims...

1 + [fuel_trim] / 100

Tuner in Training
    Yeah it's getting ridiculous. I have everything color coded because I keep getting lost lol