Thread: FAST Wideband Digital Air/Fuel Meter

FAST Wideband Digital Air/Fuel Meter

With the older software version I was never able to get the user defined formulas to track and match the FAST AFR meter correctly. So I upgraded HPTuners and also upgraded my MPVI interface to the Pro version. My hopes of finally hooking up my FAST wideband meter to the interface and easily reading my AFR next to the other data has become a disappointment. I see a slew of other manufacturers that have pre-defined sensors and yet nothing for FAST. I just don't understand why they are not included as they seem to be the only one missing (I recall the previous version of HPtuners had FAST included in the listing of sensors). I have searched the forum and found some instructions but they all seem to demonstrate setting up with pre-defined sensors. I continued to look and can not find anything that can help me set my meter up and would appreciate any help I can get.

I've included the owner/instructions for the FAST unit if that would be of assistance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

We've figured out the formula for the FAST units a few times here on the forum.

My instructions in the how to showed how to setup a user defined wideband. Add the input #, right click, transform. Start with one of the ones that is already there, hit the fx button to transfer everything down to the user defined section. Change the formula to whatever FAST uses, and hit ok. And you're done.

If you can post two AFR values and their corresponding voltages then I can show you how to figure out the formula.

I.e. 0V = AFR of 5 and 5F = AFR of 20, or whatever.. need to know that first, if FAST doesn't provide the formula

FAST Wideband

Thanks for the quick response.

I have some information that I previously found and used before acquiring the Pro interface and may be what you were referring to.

FAST AFR meter range is :9.6 to 20.986 AFR
    FAST meter voltage range is : 0 to 4.096 volts

How FAST Wideband interprets voltage : (input voltage from O2 sensor x 2.78) + minimum AFR range

What HPTuners uses;
    Output range = 4.096
    AFR Range = 20.986-9.6=11.386
    Minimum range = 9.6

(input voltage from O2 sensor/(4.096/11.386)) + 9.6

I will try these and see what happens. This was always an issue when trying to use the EGR input and the corresponding equations. I could never get the readings in HPTuners to match my wideband even after fudging the numbers and trying to make it work. Thus the reason I spent the extra bucks to get my interface upgraded in the hopes it would be almost plug and play and more accurate. Looks like it wasn't worth doing the upgrade. Feels like I'm doing the same thing all over again.

I have tried a few things and see a voltage for AFR while monitoring the channel screen. The AFR showing up on the graph is out to lunch. I will look at the voltage readings and my FAST AFR output and get them back to you as asked.

Okay I had a chance to enter the formula I previously listed. It seems to be working and tracking the FAST meter as long as I put the meter in Single Mode and not averaging the two wideband sensors. The graph is working and tracks as long as I select LAST instead of AVERAGING. I took voltage readings from the analog output of the FAST unit where it connects to the PRO Interface. Its a bit difficult to get an absolute reading as the AFR and voltages jump around. But here is the best I could get:

AFR 14.7 volts 2.0
    AFR 15.0 volts 2.2
    AFR 16.0 volts 2.6

Post a quick log, layout and channel config and I'll check it out. Sounds like you are close

You aren't logging injector PW. Injector duty cycle won't work without that. You'll have to add inj duty cycle to a graph/chart/gauge. You don't (and can't) add it to the list of channels anymore. It's calculated based on injector PW and engine RPM.

Looks like you're not logging the correct knock retard for that vehicle, I think anyways. Try deleting it and adding it back to the channels list
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    I know this thread is old but any how to get this fast system working