Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy KR under light load.

Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Yea... I never understood the "use generic sensor instead". Well for now on it's always "DO AS I SAID". 3.2 is good, but also bad. They need to fix this.
    It initially made sense because MAP, RPM IPW etc., no matter what platform/year would automatically be "linked" to the generic sensor so you didn't need to have multiple Charts and Graphs. In 2.24 as well as 3.X it really was for the WB and Commanded EQ/AFR to work with the internally calculated error so we didn't have to develop User Defined equations.

Now I will be a bit more careful in my answers like you said and go back to my library and see what else may be lurking in the unknown.....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Crap..... ME TOO!!!!! Dropped like 5* of spark for the KR Histo...... Well at least I didn't get to far in... I guess I'll just load stock and start over....!!!

Dang. Back to school for me also. Client has picked up the HSV so I'll have to get back to you guys in the future.
    Cheers

Potential Tuner
    crap. I just wasted a pile of time because I'm stupid... Thanks for this thread and that great catch by ss.

Tuning Addict
    OK now I'm confused after reading this thread... Just checked my scanner config - it's set to spark retard as well - which should = ect timing pulls, iat timing pulls, torque timing pulls and on and on added together - right? Definitely not knock! Well at least I haven't been tuning anything off of knock alone I guess??? Going to have to fix my scanner now........ Also explains why it was making power on a few of them even though it was supposedly knocking and I thought I was just getting false knock from the sensors... Well - teaches me to pay better attention...

Only one thing I like about the generic sensors - works best for remote tuning just because it's a sensor parameter that all vehicles of that generation should have, so you can have one scanner config to use on multiple chasis...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Only one thing I like about the generic sensors - works best for remote tuning just because it's a sensor parameter that all vehicles of that generation should have, so you can have one scanner config to use on multiple chasis...
    So with this example I've decided never to use Generic Sensor ever again since I dont remote tune. I figure this way if I use my LS3 config on say the GenV stuff then worse case I wont get data for certain channels and will know right away what is not working rather than thinking it's working and have it be all wrong, in my opinion the way it should be regardless.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires