Thread: Na with a turbo again...

Na with a turbo again...

Hey guys,

Bought a car with a blown motor so to get me by I fitted a na motor in the car.

Now in doing so I also fitted the ecu,bcm and key from the na where the motor came from.

My car still retained to turbo loom and turbo map sensor. Car won't run and I assume it's the turbo map sensor stopping it from
    Starting. What do I need to change in the na ecu to suit the turbo map
    Sensor that's fitted? Just want to get it running and driving for now!!!

Enable turbo logic in the tune, do a compare to a turbo tune and copy over differences

Found the issue lol

The turbo map sensor didn't like the na ecu!! Got that sorted then had no speedo and speed sensor a vss error! Figured out that the na doner car did not have traction control! And my car does so it was messed up...

So plugged in the na non traction control abs module and all
    Good only issue is I can't run the module as it has 5'outlets and not 6!!! Is there any settings in the tune I can change to suit the turbo/traction control abs module and non traction ecu?? I've entered 0 to disable traction control but still no good

Potential Tuner
    use the pcm and loom that was in the car originally, there shouldn't be a need to use the donor car one if your just changing the engine... if you were using a turbo donor to convert yours to turbo that'd be a different story.

Hopefully i read that correctly and answers your question

Advanced Tuner
    you shouldnt need to change the abs module, just change the speed source in the tune if you are changing ecus.
    the na ecu shouldnt have had an issue running a turbo map sensor though, what caused you to comoe to that conclusion?