Tuner in Training
    What year is yours?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by crakrz View Post
    What year is yours?
    2017- latest.

I've noticed the same thing on a 2016 model so it can't just be mine. :-(

Advanced Tuner
    mines a daily & used for towing my drag cars, im happy to leave it alone besides the remap. i average around 840-860km's with the standard tank per fill.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKO89 View Post
    so far all I have adjusted is the Driver demand map, in the chart the field for the result was Main Fuel Rate, which seemed to be the only output I could get in relation to fuel.
    What did you adjust in the driver demand map? I've got a 2016 US version and am finally starting to look into playing with the tune, but everything I've done in the past is relating to gas engines, so I'm still trying to wrap my head around the differences in diesel tuning and the different parameters for optimization, but the driver demand map is all new to me.

DriverDemand.jpg

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Map A / B / Etc... is a trq demand table. the ecu doesn't work in the easy old gas tqm way. it 3D models the trq output based on user input and tries to duplicate that result. as a result the Map A/B/ etc. tables are going to be output limiting factors assuming the calculated trq output exceeds the listed table parameter.

your fuel tables are the Qty vs. Trq. tables. Unfortunately i do not know what the baro separation and mode limits are.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Not trying to highjack just trying to keep it going. I have a US model 2017 2.8 Colorado that i am doing some tuning on and never really messed with diesel. I was wondering what you changed and how you changed it to get good results. Like everyone i am looking fr more power driveability and more MPG.
    Here is my stock tune 3-21-18 stock colorado tune.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    the us colorado is a different to the aus model, we dont have urea injection on ours, so the tuning is a lot simpler.

in short though, generally more time added to the fuel table is more fuel, more fuel = more power. but then you want to bump the injection timing up, same with the boost.

Potential Tuner
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing these files, useful for me to have a look at the stock file as I'm trying to figure out a lack of power issue on my Colorado over 500m altitude - I think as tuner left the med/high altitude desired boost maps as stock but I'm not certain as no tuning experience.

On your tuned file out of interest, don't know if you have updated it since, but in the comparison to the stock file I can see you didn't change table 'ECM 13220 - Desired Boost Max vs Baro vs RPM

If this file is used by the ECM, then it would limit your targeted low altitude boost from 291 down to 285 at the 2000 to 2400 rpm range. Is that what you would see if data logging you car?

Just wondering if the 'ECM 13220 - Desired Boost Max vs Baro vs RPM' does limit boost as I think this may also be contributing to my issue if the boost was only scaled up for sea level (100-102kpa) and not the whole map

Thanks in advance
    James