Thread: TCM Tuning - SouthernHotRod War Viking (Gen2)

Tuner in Training

TCM Tuning - SouthernHotRod War Viking (Gen2)

Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping that someone else in here is working with a newer gen SHR War Viking (updated VB). I'm trying to understand what parameters I can work with that won't upset what SHR has done with the VB. If it's of any relevance, the TC is a ProTorque with a 3200-3400 stall.

I'm wondering if there's a way to utilize the TCM tuning to compliment the VB setup. Specifically, it'd be great if the trans stopped jumping up and down gears so often driving around with low throttle input - some of the downshifts feel like they're going to drop something out of the drivetrain meanwhile it's 15% throttle on a small hill. I don't want to damage any of the clutches or the TC by changing the shifting schedule around too much. Hopefully someone on here will have some input - it'd be great to hear from SouthernHotRod themselves on this as well.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    On a related note, I've noticed more than a few times now my trans does not seem to downshift to where it should be for a given load - i.e. tonight WOT at 23mph (~2,650 RPMs) and there was no downshift, but rather the trans held gear and attempted to pull from that RPM/speed until redline before the next shift. I even have that one in a log. It's exaggerated even more whenever at something closer to 40-45mph it downshifts and flashes and then realizes it can downshift again and then does so. It's very strange to me that it doesn't know when it should downshift to a certain gear. Is this something that needs to be modified in the TCM?

Senior Tuner
    SHR uses HPTuners to do TCM calibrations. You might try and ask them for some input.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    SHR uses HPTuners to do TCM calibrations. You might try and ask them for some input.
    I'm hoping they're going to reply and that the information may be useful for someone else other than me as well. If they don't, I'll just call them.

Tuner in Training
    Not sure but sounds like that may be one of the valve body we use and have developed. The TCM Tuning will tame that to a stock feel and still give you much more clamping force on the clutches than other valve bodies.