Thread: Saying it's in Closed Loop but it definitely isn't.

Tuner

Saying it's in Closed Loop but it definitely isn't.

Can somebody have a look at this tune for me please???

The car is running rich at idle and light throttle. The scanner says it's in Closed Loop - Normal, but the O2's are reading over 950mv and the Trims are at zero.

As soon as the MAP gets over 50kpa, the trims work perfectly and the O2's start swinging as they should. When the MAP drops back below 50, the trims go to zero again...

HELP?!?!?!?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    What does it do with the stock file I can see you've only changed idle area's for fuel & taken a HEAP of idle airflow out, what's the reason behind it & what was it doing?

Tuner
    I don't have a stock file to use in it.....
    It came to me with this tune. It has big injectors, bigger turbo, exhaust, different intake etc. etc.
    I took the idle air out, because it was idling at 1100 - 1200... It is idling well now...
    Only problem is, it comes up with the ETC light and goes into limp mode intermittently... I have swapped TTB's with no change....

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I don't have a stock file to use in it.....
    Have a look in the tune repository. There are quite a few stock tunes in there from various models that you could use to compare stuff.

I compared your tune to a couple of other stock tunes and there are plenty of differences in the "non essential" areas.

Advanced Tuner
    What brand injectors are you running? What intake? What fuel pump and do you have the stock fuel pressure regulator etc?

The low/high slope are very large, I'm only guessing but I imagine these must be 2000cc injectors ?

Log your long term fuel trims and post it up, I suspect they will be maxed out at 0.80 and hence it can't get any leaner. This is almost certainly due to the injector offset, breakpoint and high/slope slope being incorrectly tuned for the low fuel mass areas (eg idle/cruise)
    Last edited by rolls; 09-09-2016 at 07:34 PM.