Thread: 426 stroked Hellcat falls flat on it's face!!!!

Tuner in Training

426 stroked Hellcat falls flat on it's face!!!!

If it isn't one thing with this truck it's another!!! 3 early WOT pulls in 2 days... Fail, Hesitation, TB opening all over the place, P0123 code when I tried to mow thru it on the last run... Here's the logs and Tune... Reward for the tuner who figures this out... Yeah, I could take this up with my tuners, but I need someone who has the time to really look it over and not just spit into the wind...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Your ''tuners'' have no idea....... ( sorry, I take that back)

I should have taken the time to look over the whole file rather than just go by thread title.

As OP described below, this is a 426 Hellcat engine into 2013 Ram with original 5.7 PCM.

No doubt some genius out there can tune this unicorn but probably not many mainstream guys.

Its not something I care to play with.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by Hemituna; 04-26-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Hah! AJ wrote the majority of the tune in CMR and Stephen at MMX finished it from what I know in HP... Maybe it does suck, either way! Not my first rodeo... If I wanted the same bullshit, I would just reach out to them... You can put your hat in the ring...

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    whats the list of mods, just a stroker?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for response. Fully forged with a 8 weight crank. Clearanced to run 10w40 oil, oil cooler. Mild cam ground by Comp Cam for this application. FIC 1000 injectors. FORE return double fuel pump @ 52lbs at regulator. 10% OD ATI Crank pulley. 2013 Ram 6speed truck, converted to a 2015 8 speed. All modules, etc '15 now. Transmission and transfer case built 1000+. 1 7/8 SW headers with true dual 3" pipes. Custom air intake tube with challenger airbox.

Went through the top end this weekend checking for vacuum leak. Got rid of the Hellcat pcv valve put in a cherokee srt valve. Cleaned the Throttle body, a little dirty. Re-torqued SC @22lbs in sequence, all good. Re-torqued TB to 140inlbs, 12lbs. Went through double catch can system on the dirty air side. TBS 1, 2 voltage seems good. Combined at WOT never surpassing 5.1v. This doesn't happen all the time.

image000000(2).jpg

Have you done the throttle relearn? The code leads me to think it's something mechanical. Looks like you came to the same conclusion based on your last post.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I got it squared away. Went through and Re-torqued the TB and SC. Cleaned the TB, to my surprise, a lot of built up after cleaning it 5 months ago. The Hellcat PCV valve really allows flow both ways. I need to get a check valve, so for now I had a valve from a Cherokee SRT that I put in to reduce how much crap was being pulled in from the fresh air side. Voltage is spot on between the 2 sensors split total at 5v. WOT RUNS have been strong and without any hesitations again.

When I did the 422 with the 4.5L whipple for my buddies 2014 ram in 2016 , only issue was light surging. took us a while to get it right , Mike at OST was the one who got it to run right, now we are running a 441 with that 4.5l Whipple...with a 46RH behind it.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q