Thread: USB interface not found

Tuner in Training

USB interface not found

I had the serial interface and just got upgraded to the usb pro cable and upgraded the software (to 2.1.10) and now when I am connected the software does not find the interface I have verified power (by unplugging the usb side and plugged into the ODBII port and get the little red power light on. And vice versa, unplugged the ODBII side and just plugged in the usb and get the power light.
    I think it is not licensed yet, but w/ out it being able to find the interface, I can't get it licensed.
    BTW this is affecting the scanner and the editor.
    Thanks.
    Damon
    '03 z71 Avalanche-Onyx Black-Radix-FLT 4L80E w/ PI 2500 stall-LS1 eFans-Tint-SW LT-SW ORY-Magnaflow w/ true duals-Dual Optimas-160A Alternator-2500 watt inverter-Air horn w/ compressor-front hitch-relocated trailer conn-cup holders-5k HIDs-clear corners-smoked front lights-rear LEDs-Silverstar ambers-Aux. Tranny Cooler-Shiftkit w/ Servo-4.56's-Rod's Mod-20" SS wheels-NavCam-TNR-Denali Cluster-8 Strobes-AirAid intake-Vinci Valvetrain-Crane Vac Can-CW black grill-Baer Alumasports-35 shot N2O

When you plug in the MPVI, the windows hardware manager should query the MPVI and report a new device found. Then it should prompt you for the drivers.

If not, follow the instructions in this post:
    The drivers are available HERE if you didn't get them via CDROM.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    it was the driver (i installed it, just not "properly")....had to switch hats and work on the windows side of it...device mgr had a problem w/ the driver, I was able to reboot and reinstall the driver and all is well.
    Thanks!
    '03 z71 Avalanche-Onyx Black-Radix-FLT 4L80E w/ PI 2500 stall-LS1 eFans-Tint-SW LT-SW ORY-Magnaflow w/ true duals-Dual Optimas-160A Alternator-2500 watt inverter-Air horn w/ compressor-front hitch-relocated trailer conn-cup holders-5k HIDs-clear corners-smoked front lights-rear LEDs-Silverstar ambers-Aux. Tranny Cooler-Shiftkit w/ Servo-4.56's-Rod's Mod-20" SS wheels-NavCam-TNR-Denali Cluster-8 Strobes-AirAid intake-Vinci Valvetrain-Crane Vac Can-CW black grill-Baer Alumasports-35 shot N2O

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackAv
    it was the driver (i installed it, just not "properly")....had to switch hats and work on the windows side of it...device mgr had a problem w/ the driver, I was able to reboot and reinstall the driver and all is well.
    Thanks!
    We will make a tuner out of you yet.......
    2004 Half Nekkid Z71 Avalanche Vortech Blown 5.3L, Pacesetter LT's, Stage 2 Patriots, and 216/224 .551/.551 115 LSA w/ 1.89 VHP Rockers, 60# flow matched injectors, LC-1 Wideband, 2600Edge Racing Stall, 80mm BBK TB, 160 deg thermo, E-Fans, Volant CAI, Walbro GSS341, 3" Borla exhaust, HP Tuners, Custom 2 BAR Tune, Water/Meth kit, Transgo 4L60E-HD2, 3.73's, Nav sys, ON*, XM, DVD player, headrest monitors and backup cam. 498/492 ft lbs

Repeat after me....
    U...R...A... Tuner
    U...R...A... Tuner
    U...R...A... Tuner
    Say this 20 times and U...R...A... Tuner

Glad you got it worked out.
    Keep us posted on the 4L80!

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!