Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tuning autostick on a A580

Tuner in Training

tuning autostick on a A580

Basically what im trying to do is leave the normal shift patterns alone for comfort and tune the trans to shift quick and firm only in autosick mode. Can this be done or are there not separate tables for Drive and Autostick? Thanks

Senior Tuner
    Its not easy, but can be done to some degree. Best way I have gotten it to work is by having different rpms set in the Autostick upshift table and in the WOT upshift tables by at least 3-400rpms.

Then this will allow you to specify different ramp torque and different torque management amounts at each of the autostick and WOT shift rpms. This will effectively give you a softer shift at the lower WOT shift points than the Autostick shift points.

Look mine over. In auto stick I can bark 1st and 2nd gears. Tell us if you see anything there.

2013 Charger R/T Dyno tuned. K&N/180?F T-Stat/ Corsa Sport Cat Back
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    Look mine over. In auto stick I can bark 1st and 2nd gears. Tell us if you see anything there.

2013 Charger R/T Dyno tuned. K&N/180?F T-Stat/ Corsa Sport Cat Back
    I like the use of the clutch adders, how does it shift in D (not autostick) under WOT?

A very nice mix between performance and aggressive. I have two video clips demonstrating the before and after dyno tune 1-2 shifts in normal mode (not autostick) here, https://vimeo.com/165791332. She inhales before the tune. My 18 years old daughter is driving.

Did you see the comparison? Here is the link to after the tune. Note no inhale between the 1-2. Remember its not in auto stick.
    I have a GM truck with a supercharger and a built trans that's a bit of a back slapper around town. This car as is now is a pleasure to romp around in without auto stick. Using auto stick its more aggressive and lots of fun.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler

Did you see the comparison? Here is the link to after the tune. Note no inhale between the 1-2. Remember its not in auto stick.
    I have a GM truck with a supercharger and a built trans that's a bit of a back slapper around town. This car as is now is a pleasure to romp around in without auto stick. Using auto stick its more aggressive and lots of fun.
    Any chance you can post an in car video of your 1-2 or 2-3 shift in auto stick mode. I want to see how aggressive it is. Thank you.

OK, This weekend I'll try.

OK, This weekend I'll try.
    Thank you.

Here it is.
    Keep in mind its a 2.65:1 gear, dyno 93 octane tuned with 180?F t-stat, K&N drop-in with a Corsa.
    Its floored in auto stick from a roll. Most folks will wind them out at a higher RPM shift point but I left it there. If I want it to shift sooner I just bump the stick.

Its more felt in the SOTP and will chirp 2nd and 3rd if I manually short shift it between 4 & 5k RPM because we all know my torque peaks well before 5700 RPM. It doesn't nose dive but you know what I mean.
    When short shifted the car lunges and passengers not expecting it say "Damn!" The video doesn't do it justice.

I have a Supercharged Chevy Truck with a Level 4.5 4L65e by trans builder guy and I know what an aggressive lumbar slapper is.

To me its perfect for what the car is. Dyno Tuned by Injected Engineering Marietta GA. They have lots of MOPAR experience. I ran lots of WOT and cruise scans and there is no reason for a return tweak.

I love my quiet in the cabin Corsa and what MOPAR did to make the car nice inside. After a co-worker heard me leave the job a few times and then rode in the car he was like "WoW! Its quiet in here even with this exhaust? When kind is it?

Here it is.
    Keep in mind its a 2.65:1 gear, dyno 93 octane tuned with 180?F t-stat, K&N drop-in with a Corsa.
    Its floored in auto stick from a roll. Most folks will wind them out at a higher RPM shift point but I left it there. If I want it to shift sooner I just bump the stick.

Its more felt in the SOTP and will chirp 2nd and 3rd if I manually short shift it between 4 & 5k RPM because we all know my torque peaks well before 5700 RPM. It doesn't nose dive but you know what I mean.
    When short shifted the car lunges and passengers not expecting it say "Damn!" The video doesn't do it justice.

I have a Supercharged Chevy Truck with a Level 4.5 4L65e by trans builder guy and I know what an aggressive lumbar slapper is.

To me its perfect for what the car is. Dyno Tuned by Injected Engineering Marietta GA. They have lots of MOPAR experience. I ran lots of WOT and cruise scans and there is no reason for a return tweak.

I love my quiet in the cabin Corsa and what MOPAR did to make the car nice inside. After a co-worker heard me leave the job a few times and then rode in the car he was like "WoW! Its quiet in here even with this exhaust? When kind is it?

Car shifts great man, I would be happy with that. Mine shifts nothing like that and never has. However at my current power level I may never get it to shift like I want it to. I just got setup with HP this weekend and am going to dive into the TCM. Hopefully I can get it to work even a little bit better so that it can live longer. I am putting 700 foot pounds through mine right now with a blower and 3.91 gears. And I set it to shift at 6500 (shift commanded at 6300 and "hopefully" happens at 6500) because it makes power up there. Shit is gnarly.

We'll see how far I can get it.

https://youtu.be/QHnPBHXN0-c
    Last edited by slowSRT8; 10-03-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks, I see you are getting into the low 11's AFR. Careful there fella. I hope you running aftermarket pistons.

Thanks, I see you are getting into the low 11's AFR. Careful there fella. I hope you running aftermarket pistons.
    Pistons are stock and I'm totally comfortable going to 12.0 with them. EGTs are the savior.

Senior Tuner
    hes on e85

Tuner
    2Rock - Used your trans settings, in a customers RT, it works good but what else can we get out of it or should fool with?

I'm so used to GM trans stuff.. I have my trans shifting F1 fast lol the dodges just seem slow and barely any description in the hptuners to understand what each does..

ECMtuning is easy, the trans stuff on the dodge is eh.. still a learning curve.

I am like you on the dodge and I like it the way it is. I heard it chirp 3rd a touch today. You could lurk the Dodge Transmission and let the guys look at mine and tell them your HP and see what happens.
    I took it out in the peak of summer heat and at full temps Doing WOT scans and only got at one point 1? of timing pulled. She is where she needs to be.

Tuner in Training
    Rock, I used your TCM settings and really liked what I felt in the part throttle areas. Nice part throttle transitions, which I used and bumped up the shift rpm a bit to eliminate some of the slip I was still feeling in stop light scenarios with my 3400rpm FTI TC. With that said, the WOT shift firmness only felt mildly improved. Its ok, but nothing close to barking tires. What variables should I look at for increasing shift firmness at mid to WOT-throttle (50% or higher) scenarios?

Thanks,

Chris

I'm not a seasoned MOPAR tuner but I would try the Auto shift Properties/ Shift Time / Max Shift time.

I'm actually barking the tires in 1-2 and 2-3 shifts before the WOT max RPM and not at 100% throttle. Remember the car makes its peak torque & HP earlier than the mid to upper 5k RPM's. If you get it to bark up there you have a strong engine. I usually do it unintentionally while making a move or playing.

My tune was done on the Dyno @ Injected Engineering.

Tuner in Training
    I'm not a seasoned MOPAR tuner but I would try the Auto shift Properties/ Shift Time / Max Shift time.

I'm actually barking the tires in 1-2 and 2-3 shifts before the WOT max RPM and not at 100% throttle. Remember the car makes its peak torque & HP earlier than the mid to upper 5k RPM's. If you get it to bark up there you have a strong engine. I usually do it unintentionally while making a move or playing.

My tune was done on the Dyno @ Injected Engineering.
    Injected Engineering in Atlanta? I would like to take my Challenger to them. I just don't want to spend the $1000 they want to tune it. Supposedly there is supposed to be a guy in Griffin, Ga That will Dyno tune a car for about half that but I am trying to do some research on him.
    Last edited by RickyP; 10-11-2017 at 12:03 PM.

It didn't cost me near that much.