Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GEN5 Z06 A/F Target

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    In my experience with Coyote car's they act exactly like the GM stuff does. Now the commanded lambda that is logged in some of the PID's is a corrected commanded lambda meaning if the car has 2-3% positive fuel trims when you are commanding .80lambda that the commanded will show .77-.78. Where they have closed loop widebands under load it's applying that correction to the commanded lambda, I'm assuming anyway.
    Your seeing what I am seeing, command .80 and get .77-.78 because they are basing WOT calculation off of Stoich rather than lambda.

I tune with LTFT adaptives off, this allow me to use STFT to check my error in the MAF curve and apply it.

You are seeing trims at WOT, nothing more. If the stoich value is 14.1 in the tune and the fuel in the tank is not E10 then yes, you will have trims. GM does this too, just not at WOT because they don't use widebands.

If GM shows a positive LTFT at part throttle then it too will carry over to WOT fueling and your actual lambda will be richer than commanded. No difference.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    You are seeing trims at WOT, nothing more. If the stoich value is 14.1 in the tune and the fuel in the tank is not E10 then yes, you will have trims. GM does this too, just not at WOT because they don't use widebands.

If GM shows a positive LTFT at part throttle then it too will carry over to WOT fueling and your actual lambda will be richer than commanded. No difference.
    I disagree Politely of coarse.

On the Ford the trims are not carried over, they are a direct correction for the MAF error in real time.

You can then take that error and place it right on your MAF curve and get near Zero fuel trim correction the next pull.

I know the GM positive LTFT will carry over but I tune to negative 1-2 % so I don't have that problem

I didn't say ford trims carry over but the effect is the same. The only difference is the gm doesn't introduce negative trims at wot.

Quote Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
    The commanded lambda does not change the stoich value.

The stoich valued is the base value.

In the Cyote they stoich value is 14.1.

I have logged this and proved it..

When you command .78 in the WOT table the computer adjusts the STFT make it run .75 and when you command .82 it runs .78.

So Ford is using AFR Stoich for a value of 1 and the WOT multiplier is of that value.
    Not sure why if I command a value and my MAF flow vs period is correct I get the resulted commanded WOT lambda.

Western New York's Performance Headquarters