Thread: Tps volt .78 but says 22%

Tps volt .78 but says 22%

I have an 02 Firebird that uses the FAST XFI for the engine and use the factory ecu for the trans and dash. To get the inputs that the factory ecu needs I have separate sensors where possible such as water temp, map. The other sensors I have tied into from the FAST. The only issue that I am having is with the TPS. Coming out of the FAST at idle or just the engine off but key on, the factory reads .78v but says it is at 22%. I can roll through the throttle to 100% just like normal. I cannot figure out why it thinks it is at 22% at such a low voltage. Having 22% at idle is causing some issues with the transmission. When the trans gets up to temp it wants to die when you put it in reverse or drive. It is not the IAC, it is working just fine. The trans is a 4L80E. They have issues at idle when line pressure is high, it causes the pressure to release the TCC to be low which causes the clutch to drag and kill the engine. This problem has nothing to do with the Lock up solenoid, I have checked it as well. Along with some shifting flaws I need the tps at idle to be 0 or close to it. I could probably go into settings and set minimum tps at 22% instead of 2% for most settings but I would much rather figure out the problem. Also I unhook the battery every night so trying that to reset it does not work. When I hook the battery up and just turn key on but not start the car the tps reads 0 or 1%, but as soon as I try to start it, the ecu goes to 22% and wont go back to 0. At .78v it should read it as lower than the 22%. Any help would be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Actually .78 sounds high to me, I see more like .5... ?
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.