Thread: Driver demand and pedal follower mode

Advanced Tuner

Driver demand and pedal follower mode

Can someone explain how the driver demand filter works? Is it a simple first order lag filter?

Eg if the value is 0.1 then the actual requested pedal = driver_requested_pedal * 0.9 + requested_pedal_last_scan (second??) * 0.1 ?

If it is a first order filter do you know what the scan time is? I'm assuming it is something very low like ms

Also if this means we use pedal follower mode does this mean the torque based control does nothing most of the time in the Australian cars?

Do we use torque etc only when trying to reduce torque and during normal driving conditions it is ignored?

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone?

Eric will probably answer this one. He has the knowledge of the more esoteric settings in Ford Products.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by rolls View Post
    Anyone?

Hey Rolls, did you get any messages about this? Just looking through my tune and can see someone has put 1.0 in all the cells. I can only guess to cancel it out but not sure why at the moment.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Molch View Post
    Hey Rolls, did you get any messages about this? Just looking through my tune and can see someone has put 1.0 in all the cells. I can only guess to cancel it out but not sure why at the moment.
    Never got an answer sorry!

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I've seen them all set to 1 which I think is to completely stop the driver demand from happening & instant response... I believe

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    Yeah I've seen them all set to 1 which I think is to completely stop the driver demand from happening & instant response... I believe
    Yeah I sure that is the answer, I'm just not sure on how it functions at numbers less than 1.0, I assume it is some kind of first order lag filter as that how you typically smooth out noisy signals on control systems.

Do you know much about the torque control in the australian cars, do we use pedal follower model the majority of the time?