Thread: Various feature requests such as, Option for MIN reading on gauges not just MAX ?

Banned

Various feature requests such as, Option for MIN reading on gauges not just MAX ?

Cracking program. I have the Ultimate version and use it for every video I render I do have a few suggestions that would I believe would help.

I use the `Needle + Peak` feature on my RPM and Speedometer gauges, but can you also add the option to Have a "Needle + Peak + Min` option. On my speedometer it would be useful to show the VMin as well as a VMax ? Also, can you give me the option to choose how long the Peak is displayed rather than having the value fixed in software somewhere ?

On the GForce gauge with the value displayed, the numbers follow the `ball`. Can you add an option to fix the L/R and Accel / Decel G readings at a certain point. eg L/R at 3 o`clock and A/D at 6 o`clock ? If they are constantly following the ball around it makes it less easier to watch. The VBox overlays have the numbers in a fixed position and it`s far easier to watch.

A frustration is when adding a data value to a gauge, even if the font size is set to the same number on each gauge, that still scales as the whole gauge is resized. If I set 40 point font, I want it to be 40 Point, not 40 Point x a % of gauge size. It makes it look messy and I have to manually change font sizes so each gauge has the same sized text which is time consuming.

Finally, Whenever I add a picture-in-picture I add an empty rectangular `Shape` that I then use as a border. I find this looks much neater. Being able to have a border added automatically, with user defined colour and thickness would be a welcome addition

Please keep up the good work.

Tuner in Training
    There are a number of enhanced objects that will show the min/max values of G-Force (which include negative values) and speed (0 based). It's not like the speedometer needle max indicator, but I use them to highlight min/max lean angle, G-force and speed of each corner.

Banned
    Thanks.

I use the GPS display and manually add the data fields as text data to get the gauge I want. It's just a little messy and a single gauge would be easier to use.

I have tried the max / min text objects, but I want to reduce clutter so the needle or the speedo gauge would be much more preferable for me.

It looks like we can add some G-force number position options in the next release. That's a few simple tweaks to the rendering core that I was able to put in place earlier today, but there is still some UI work to do to make it usable.

I'll have to look into marking the minimum points on the gauges. It sounds simple enough by extending the peak marking we already have, but sometimes the reality is more complex, so I'll see what's practical...

As for the font sizes, that's a tricky one... Each display object gets rendered as it's own image, and they'll all have varying resolutions depending on the display type (some need more detail than others), so those font sizes are relative to their own internal resolutions, and then the size they actually display as is relative to the display object size which could be anything. Meanwhile, the Text, Text Data, and simpler Gear and Lap Time / Number displays get font sizes that are relative to the actual screen, which is a different and more absolute system of measurement.

The PiP window border idea is something that I have agreed with as a user, but could have undesired results due to the difference in aspect ratio projection versus actual display object area. Obviously not impossible, but potentially more complex than is practical to invest time in right now, so that would need to be explored a bit further before I can comment definitively...

Banned
    Thanks for replying Weston, it`s good to know these suggestions are read even if it`s not possible to implement them just yet.

Understood re the gauge pointer. I`m sure many `suggestions` people make are much more complex than we appreciate but the updates along with your continued development are what makes the program so good !

From my personal point of view, it would be preferable to have all font sizes related to the actual screen, so whatever dialog box I`m in, a 32 point font is the same size as the font is independent of the item scaling. What I`ve started doing is adding extra text data items that are the same size and overlaying them on the gauge but obviously this isn`t the simplest solution.

The border is easy enough to add manually apart from the fact the output video doesn`t always match the displayed one. It will appear that the border is correct but once rendered the border can be too big / small which usually requires some trial and error tweaking until it`s right.

Banned
    I see the latest update has this feature included.

Just wanted to say thanks for adding this requested addition. !!