Thread: CSV Import

Tuner in Training

CSV Import

Can you go over how to import a .csv file into the App? We had a race with 3 drivers and ONE Track Addict running in the car. We have emailed each driver a copy of the .csv file, but can't figure out how to import in?

FYI...I am on Android.

The simple answer: To open an e-mailed CSV file on iOS or Android, tap on the file attachment and then select TrackAddict as the app to open it. It will then import it into your own TrackAddict sessions list and open it.

The real-world answer for Android users: If TrackAddict does not appear in that list of eligible apps, then you'll need to first save the file to your Downloads folder, and use a File Manager app to navigate there and open the file, at which point TrackAddict should be listed as an option (depending on your file manager app). What's happening is that there are two different methods for sending this file data to TrackAddict (or other Android apps), only one of which is currently supported by TrackAddict, and the one that's actually used will depend on the app that's launching the file... The system will then only offer the apps that claim to be compatible with the particular method that it's trying to use.

There should be no problem or complications on iOS. I'm looking into improving this situation on Android in our next app update, but for the time being, the workaround is to save the file and use a different file manager app to launch the file in TrackAddict. On my LG G5, it doesn't work directly from the GMail app or Download notification, but it does work perfectly from both the actual Downloads app and the File Manager app.