Thread: Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost

Tuner in Training

Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost

Does anyone have a stock calibration? There doesn't seem to be one on the repository yet. Also, anyone have any experience with them?

I sent one in for the repository but it hasn't been added yet. Here you go:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Thank You!

I started tuning on mine. The scanner doesn't have all the PIDs yet so I haven't been able to do much. It took me a while to move all the limits out of the way without seeing what the limits were but I've added about 3-4psi at spool and it holds it better to redline. I don't want to really put timing back in or turn it up more until the scanner is complete.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Quote Originally Posted by Blown383 View Post
    I started tuning on mine. The scanner doesn't have all the PIDs yet so I haven't been able to do much. It took me a while to move all the limits out of the way without seeing what the limits were but I've added about 3-4psi at spool and it holds it better to redline. I don't want to really put timing back in or turn it up more until the scanner is complete.
    What year?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

2015 Focus ST w/ TC-1797 GMDF2A7. I was wondering if there is also a switch to turn off the sound symposer in the tune?
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Tuner in Training
    From the looks of it, this ecu uses the same VE calculation method as the other ecoboost engines use. Has there been a proven method for tuning in VE rather than doing all the math required to create the VE table from all the Quadratic terms?

Tuner in Training
    We would love support for this platform too. We see a lot of these over here. In fact we see all the small ones.
    Currently tuning the 1litre 3 cylinder. Amazing little engine, we currently have it at 170bhp in stock form. Would be awesome if HP could add these platforms for us over here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by uprev View Post
    From the looks of it, this ecu uses the same VE calculation method as the other ecoboost engines use. Has there been a proven method for tuning in VE rather than doing all the math required to create the VE table from all the Quadratic terms?
    The method is the same as the linear method but now there's a quadratic term, up until the point of blowthrough. On the NA cars, this really isn't more complicated, it's just quadratic and not linear. On the factory boosted cars, blowthrough starts to take affect, and its point is to account for raw oxygen that blows through the chamber and hits the O2 sensor (particularly only happens under boost with high cam overlap). Once the point of blowthrough is hit, the equation actually goes linear again in that region.

You gotta do the math. No easy way around it. No short cuts.

Some background on the method is in these two patents:
    US6851304 - Quadratic Inferred MAP
    US20130111900 - Blowthrough Compensation

Those two patents contain all you need to be able to figure out how the VE equations work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    What year?
    Any updates for 2015 Focus ST logging yet, Eric?

2015 Focus ST w/ TC-1797 GMDF2A7

Quote Originally Posted by Blown383 View Post
    Any updates for 2015 Focus ST logging yet, Eric?

2015 Focus ST w/ TC-1797 GMDF2A7
    I'm working on it today.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    I'm working on it today.
    Awesome - I hope that will be compatible with ours over here in the UK.
    Bloody love your scanner on the FRS3. I need to get my Ass in gear and find time to investgate where we could fit an NGauge in one.

I sent you the 1 litre 3 pot Ecoboost file a while ago if you find yourself bored to tears and want to add support on the scanner for it.
    LOL
    Last edited by Evolution Stu; 09-23-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugasu View Post

You gotta do the math. No easy way around it. No short cuts.

Some background on the method is in these two patents:
    US6851304 - Quadratic Inferred MAP
    US20130111900 - Blowthrough Compensation

Those two patents contain all you need to be able to figure out how the VE equations work.
    So the percentage error's need applied to what variable in the equation?

I'm working on it today.
    What about the 2.0 ecoboost Escape. Been waiting on support for the Escape for almost 2 years...
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    What about the 2.0 ecoboost Escape. Been waiting on support for the Escape for almost 2 years...
    No ETA yet.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC