Thread: Correct method Centri blower with Methanol?

Tuner

Correct method Centri blower with Methanol?

What is the preferred method or more correct way with an Alky control kit on a 2015 C7 Corvette with a Procharger Kit? Targetting 0.86 lambda value running on E10 premium fuel. Better off pulling fuel from the Power Enrichment tables or pulling from the 6000+ Hz MAF table. The MAF method significantly lowers the g/s airflow, drops cylinder airmass and also lower torque calculations. (car is a M7). The PE method will leave the airflow values in tact, but then you commanded and actual will be off. Currently at 10 psi and 1.14 g/cyl airmass doing the MAF method.

I've always adjusted my fueling with the maf...

I would increase the fueling a little if it was me, especially at peak cylinder pressures (peak tq)

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    I am 1.160 in the PE table above 3000 RPM, which spits out a commanded of 12.15 in my scanner. I see others recommending 12.2-12.5 and I thought I was already being conservative. The fuel is 93 octane (E10) with 100% methanol out of a single nozzle Alky kit.

Since you using actual e10 14.1 as you set point then this afr values are fine

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Since you using actual e10 14.1 as you set point then this afr values are fine
    Okay because I always calibrate my wideband to output lambda, found it much easier this way. So my commanded is 12.15 on the AFR scale, can I safely lean this up to what a few on here have suggested or would you recommend to leave it alone?

Leave it alone... You would either pick up very little or non at all... Especially being on meth, I would leave it due to cylinders getting equal amounts of fuel... If you lean it out that just means some cylinders are getting hotter than others most likely

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Leave it alone... You would either pick up very little or non at all... Especially being on meth, I would leave it due to cylinders getting equal amounts of fuel... If you lean it out that just means some cylinders are getting hotter than others most likely
    Any advice or point in the right direction to tune the VVE table? I already have the baro broken out of the harness and a customer PID for pressure ratio (MAP/baro). Is it as simple as failing the MAF like on the Gen III stuff? I am trying to do the VVE open loop

on a 15 you should be able to just fail the maf. on a 16 a failed maf won't let you get into boost.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    on a 15 you should be able to just fail the maf. on a 16 a failed maf won't let you get into boost.
    Excellent, anyone ever heard of generating GMVE from the corrected MAF to get a jump start on roughing in the VVE table?

Also looks like it is back to the drawing board. I originally had the Alky gain on 6, but I checked the turn on point and it is coming on just past atmosphere (1.0-1.5 psi) so I need to dial it up to around 4.0-4.5 psi

Quote Originally Posted by Midnite Magic View Post
    Excellent, anyone ever heard of generating GMVE from the corrected MAF to get a jump start on roughing in the VVE table?

Also looks like it is back to the drawing board. I originally had the Alky gain on 6, but I checked the turn on point and it is coming on just past atmosphere (1.0-1.5 psi) so I need to dial it up to around 4.0-4.5 psi
    yes many people use the MAF to tune the GMVE, I prefer lambda error but on 16 and up it's not an option so far over 1.2 or so PR.

On manual cars you can do it either way but I prefer to keep the torque model correct and the MAF table correct and pull fuel out with the PE table for methanol. Yeah yeah pe doesn't match anymore since the methanol is extra fueling but it has the least impact doing it that way and things still match up so oh well. With autos I wouldn't even consider pulling it out of the MAF/VVE because of the torque model impact.

2016 C7 Z06 | 2017 ZL1 | 2009 C6 Z06 | 1994 GT - The LS-stang | 2010 Tahoe SSV

Tuner in Training
    I'm no tuning guru but am still learning. I tried it both ways and got better results with PE tables and leaving maf alone. I ended up at 1.04 on the PE tables for the most part. commanding 14.13 and my AFR is 12.1 at WOT steady all the way to redline. alky setting on 6 and coming on at 4psi.

Tuner in Training
    running 17 degrees of timing with 8psi boost.. Zero knock so far