Thread: Lost a Video Session

Tuner

Lost a Video Session

Higuys,

I was doing some laps earlier (late August) and after I got off the track, I was not able to end the session because the Back button wasn't responding to taps (an intermittent problem on the Nexus 7 2013, causing multiple taps [when using the keyboard] or no response). Instead I had to kill the app, and the session video was lost.

The usual work-around is to use two fingers on the screen for better skin/electrical contact- one finger on the outer case, and the other tapping buttons. You need to be holding the tablet in your hands for reliable tapping. Having the tablet in a mount is part of the problem, IMO,

I know it's a little late, but I the lost session isn't that important. I still have the GPS data. I did want to bring it up, to see if there is anything that could be done, perhaps a big END or STOP button somewhere. maybe there's an alternate way to end the session? Otherwise you end up recording extra minutes of video until you can get the screen to respond to taps.

In addition to using the Android Back button, you can also stop your session by tapping on any of the other tab bar buttons besides "Record". That's the usual way to do it on both platforms, being that the iOS users don't have a system back button. If you tap on the "Sessions" button when recording, it will stop the recording and take you directly into that session you had just recorded.

Tuner
    DUH! I do that.... Sometimes. It must've been from the excitement that I forgot. Thanks or the reminder. Too bad there isn't a way to add a physical button for start/Stop. The road rallye guys are working one one tho.