Thread: Speedo calibration

Speedo calibration

Hey guys got a 2008 Silverado 4x4 (doner truck) condensed into a 1953 Chevy. Running all the stock modules including trans controller, ebcm and stock cluster. All tires are the same size and the gear ratio is the same in front and rear. Problem I'm having is if I adjust the ppm to correct the speedo it only changes the rear output speed not the fronts (running front abs sensors) So not only does it trip codes in the ebcm there seems to be no way to adjust the fronts for speed (which they are reading to fast cause of smaller tires)... Am I missing something? Surly you 4x4 guys out there that run bigger tires adjust the speedo without having this problem. I can hook up my scanner and change the ppm and only the rear speed sensor changes. I will attach my tune file.
    53 Mercury pickup triton3v V10 supercharged 150 nos 535rwhp
    71 Roadrunner gen 4 viper
    53 Chevy pickup 4x4 5.3L twin turbo

Have you used the gear/tire wizard under the EDIT tab to change your tire size?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yeah I did actually and it still only modifies the PPM table which for some reason only changes the rear speed sensor calibration! I'm not sure if tire size can only go up (physically bigger) in hp tuner or if there's something up with my ebcm. Front speed sensors are reading what I believe to be correct if I had the right size (bigger) tires on it. Soon as match the rear speed sensor the speedo is to far out. Weird.

53 Mercury pickup triton3v V10 supercharged 150 nos 535rwhp
    71 Roadrunner gen 4 viper
    53 Chevy pickup 4x4 5.3L twin turbo