Thread: HELP!! 2012 Chevy Cruse 1.4t Auto CEL after new tune

Tuner in Training

HELP!! 2012 Chevy Cruse 1.4t Auto CEL after new tune

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on my problem. I have a STOCK 2012 Chevy Cruze with an automatic tranny, that up until a week ago had a Trifecta tune on it. After switching to HP Tuners, I am now throwing two codes, P0236 turbo boost sensor a circuit range/performance and a P2227 Barometric code. The car will run fine, but then the next morning it will throw the codes and reduce power upon first startup. If I reflash the stock tune, all issues go away. Anyone have any suggestions or notice anything missed in the tune? Thank you in advance!

MY 2012 Cruze Tune 2.hpt

If HP Tuners can read the Trifecta tune, open a Compare file and View Comparison Log... That will show you what changes are in effect between the two.. That will narrow it down and you can know where to look.... Possible the Trifecta had those DTC's disabled... But without that tune I could not say for sure...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately Hptuners cannot read the car if the Trifecta tune is still installed. Must be some sort of lock they put on it.

Only other option is to see if there is a stock tune in the Repository on HP Tuner Home Page and do a comparison....

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    from what i remember the trifecta file puts another layer of coding on the ecu that interferes with the accessing step when trying to connect with hpt. which mean you have to contact a trifecta dealer to have it reset to stock so you can use hpt.

its been almost a year since i fussed with correcting trifeca issues, i may be wrong.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 09-18-2016 at 01:59 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Well I have compared the current Hpt tune to my stock map and a tune on the repository. Obviously there is some differences but I'm not sure exactly I should be looking for when comparing. I even took the majority of the parameters out of the repository tune and put it on my map. Same issues. The only thing that fixes it is going back to a stock tune.

Cobalt, are you saying that even removing the trifecta tune first, hpt doesn't function right due to code leftover?

Advanced Tuner
    As I remember the Trifecta tune has to be removed and the original stock tune reinstalled before you can flash in the HP Tuners tune.
    Temporarily disable the two error codes and see what happens.
    There are different locations for the Barro sensor on different year Cruzes. That'l mess things up too.

Tuner
    I Know this is late and digging up the past but I know the solution.

Go into Engine Diag > scroll down to P0236, uncheck enable SES and change the drop down to 'No Error Reported'.

That may fix both issues. The problem is that code is set anytime that sensor sees more than a specific voltage (4.6v I *think*) which equates to 236 kpa if I remember right. That number is hard coded into the PCM and cannot be changed. I tried everything.

Tuner
    I went back to double check myself. I was mistaken, it was a p0238 I was chasing. The info is very similar though.

http://www.sonicownersforum.com/foru...elp-p0238.html

Advanced Tuner
    As I remember my Trifecta tune file had a the original stock tune and the Trufecta modified tune. The path to recovery was to use the Trifecta supplied stock tune and load that file to recover. Go back and check the original Trifecta file.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinto7 View Post
    As I remember my Trifecta tune file had a the original stock tune and the Trufecta modified tune. The path to recovery was to use the Trifecta supplied stock tune and load that file to recover. Go back and check the original Trifecta file.
    Did you ever figure out the problem? I am tuned with Bad News Racing and I am currently getting those codes. I've replaced all sensors like the codes implies but that didnt seem to fix the problem. Some days the car starts normally and allows me to drive normally but some days it pops those codes.

Potential Tuner
    Was this problem solved? I recently purchased a 2012 Cruze 1.4 and it is throwing codes P0236 and P2227 as well. I have checked for boost and vacuum leaks but have not found any.