Thread: '98 GTP added 3.29's and 3250 TC

dayday

'98 GTP added 3.29's and 3250 TC

I made the needed change under speedo for the new gearing and the speedo is dead on and most things seem fine. All other tables are stock settings right now.

One thing I have noticed (going off the dash rpm's) is with the new gearing I run about 2400-2500rpm at 70mph. When I let off the throttle (0%) my rpm's slowly fall to about 2200rpm and then fall of instantly to about 1600rpm, fall slowly again to about 1300 and then instantly jump back up to about 1800rpm. It's a little annoying.

Is this because of the higher stall? And does the TCC table need adjusted or is this something I just have to live with? Any other table changes that should be considered with the new gearing and stall? Again I'm just running stock tables at the momment.

dayday
    Well it does not appear to be trans related.
    I know I have noticed before that when you decel on the highway all the tables in the scanner go to 0 for a few seconds. My issue seems to be related to this. What causes the PCM to do this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its probably going from 4th gear locked to 4th gear unlocked...you could always log some of the tranny parameters & lock/unlock stuff in status bit to see whats going on exactly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

dayday
    Wow, it's been awhile since I have been here

I started scanning TCC lock/unlock and the problem does not happen during the lock/unlock.

The problem may be related to decel enleanment. But I really am not sure yet.