Thread: Coyote swap (drift car)

Tuner in Training

Coyote swap (drift car)

Hi guys,

I need to solve trouble about customer drift car.
    Car : Mustang 2005 (i think)
    Engine : Coyote 5.0 2011
    Transmission : Manual Mustang 2005
    Fuel pump : Mustang 2005

The car run great on track when i run in '''cruising smooth ride'''. When i try to push or run at WOT the car seem run in ''power reduced mode'' like gm. I have dalalogged PEDAL and TB and at 3000rpm the TB blade close quickly to reduced power....... The traction control are disable.

Today i have try :

-to change ??Neutral max load?? and ETC Integral Max (in rpm limit) to max value.

-I have disable all DTC (with no error reported) for o2 bank 2, evap, catalysor test, fuel module and all dtc with ''forced limited power''' etc?..

-I have set ?? 0 load sensor??, ??maxed driveshaft limit and oss??, ??maxed torque truncation and launche disable oss?? in the transmission.

-I have disable, maxed, delete all the thing about ETC limit?.. On neutral a can run 7000rpm but in gear I have full power before 3000rpm and after that, the throttle drop down! Someone can help me???

I really appreciate help about that.

P.S. scuse me for my bad english!

Patrick

Do you have logs from HPTuners of the car when this happens? Also uploading your tune will greatly help see what could be causing the issue.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Tuner in Training
    This is actual tune and small datalogged aboout pedal and tb. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you try logging these (if your PCM supports them)?

Torque Source
    Throttle Angle Source
    Driver Demand Limit Source
    Spark Source
    Fuel Source

And in your first post you say that you only have issues when in gear above 3000 rpm, but in that log the car is not moving (mph is 0)?

Tuner in Training
    Trent_Peterson : The engine need to run alone! The engine pcm dont have any information about FUEL PUMP MODULE and TRANSMISSION!

I will log information menitoned above and get back soon!

Thnak you

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent_Petersen View Post
    Can you try logging these (if your PCM supports them)?

Torque Source
    Throttle Angle Source
    Driver Demand Limit Source
    Spark Source
    Fuel Source

And in your first post you say that you only have issues when in gear above 3000 rpm, but in that log the car is not moving (mph is 0)?
    Hi,

i have datalog information today. Its seem to be throttle source....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by PatZ24 View Post
    Hi,

i have datalog information today. Its seem to be throttle source....
    You may want to get a second opinion since I font have much experience with the newer Ford stuff, but I believe that the table "Engine -> Torque Managment -> Torque Max vs. RPM" could cause this since there is no vehicle speed sensor (car always thinks its not moving). I'm also not sure if it matters, but the tune has automatic transmission enabled, I'm not sure if that would enable other torque reduction tables or not.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent_Petersen View Post
    You may want to get a second opinion since I font have much experience with the newer Ford stuff, but I believe that the table "Engine -> Torque Managment -> Torque Max vs. RPM" could cause this since there is no vehicle speed sensor (car always thinks its not moving). I'm also not sure if it matters, but the tune has automatic transmission enabled, I'm not sure if that would enable other torque reduction tables or not.
    I have tested with max setting with no succes!

Tuner in Training
    Nobody can help about that???

I would change the title to better describe the problem, something like "Torque reduction issue, Coyote swap" and maybe add a little more about how you swapped the motor and did the wiring. I'm starting to think there are some sensors (clutch pedal or speed sensors) that are not hooked up that is upsetting the PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatZ24 View Post
    Nobody can help about that???
    well to start your clutch protection logic is set extremely low and you maxed out the time it would stay enabled,
    try maxing out the KJ and lowering the max time to 0 seconds
    good place to start

Do you have a stock file to compare against? Can't see what you have changed in the file (so many different strategies, even stock values are different from file to file). What is done to the car?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Trent and rshoe09. I will try to maxed clutch protection and get back soon.

AKDMB ill give you hpt file on the next post!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    well to start your clutch protection logic is set extremely low and you maxed out the time it would stay enabled,
    try maxing out the KJ and lowering the max time to 0 seconds
    good place to start
    I have maxed clutch protection and the run very well now. I think the car dont leave all possible hp!?!? I datalog that in few day and post the result soon!

Thanks again!

remember to log stft 1 and 2 and maf period and knock
    report back

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    remember to log stft 1 and 2 and maf period and knock
    report back
    Thank you for your help. Car run well with 11.7 afr and 24 to 27 spark advance. I have make some dyno run with spray to add more torque loll

15064927_10154791559989571_28349751_o.jpg15102179_10154791656074571_535565676_o.jpg15102355_10154791981629571_2080600797_o.jpg